This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
On-Road Portable Emission Measurement Systems Test Data Analysis and Light-Duty Vehicle In-Use Emissions Development
- SoDuk Lee - US Environmental Protection Agency, USA ,
- Carl R. Fulper - US Environmental Protection Agency, USA ,
- Daniel Cullen - US Environmental Protection Agency, USA ,
- Joseph McDonald - US Environmental Protection Agency, USA ,
- Antonio Fernandez - US Environmental Protection Agency, USA ,
- Mark H. Doorlag - US Environmental Protection Agency, USA ,
- Lawrence J. Sanchez - US Environmental Protection Agency, USA ,
- Michael Olechiw - US Environmental Protection Agency, USA
ISSN: 2691-3747, e-ISSN: 2691-3755
Published May 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Lee, S., Fulper, C., Cullen, D., McDonald, J. et al., "On-Road Portable Emission Measurement Systems Test Data Analysis and Light-Duty Vehicle In-Use Emissions Development," SAE Int. J. Elec. Veh. 9(2):2020.
- U.S. Code of Federal Regulations , Title 40, Part 1065, Subpart J.
- Weiss, M., Bonnel, P., Hummel, R., Manfredi, U. et al. , “Analyzing On-Road Emissions of Light-Duty Vehicles with Portable Emission Measurement Systems (PEMS),” JRC Scientific and Policy Report No. EUR 24697, 2011.
- Weiss, M., Bonnel, P., Hummel, R., and Steininger, N. , “A Complementary Emissions Test for Light-Duty Vehicles Assessing the Technical Feasibility of Candidate Procedures,” JRC Scientific and Policy Report No. EUR 25572 EN, 2013.
- Dilara, P., “The Development of RDE in Europe,” in RDE IWG Kick Off Meeting, Sept. 2018, https:/wiki.unece.org/download/attachments/64291426/RDE%20in%20the%20EU.pdf?api=v2.
- Giechaskiel, B., Clairotte, M., Valvere-Morales, V., Bonnel, P. et al. , “Framework for the Assessment of PEMS (Portable Emissions Measurement Systems) Uncertainty,” Environmental Research 166:251-260, Oct. 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envres.2018.06.012.
- Mock, P. , “Real-Driving Emissions Test Procedure for Exhaust Gas Pollutant Emissions of Cars and Light Commercial Vehicles in Europe,” International Council on Clean Transportation, Policy Update, Jan. 2017, https://theicct.org/sites/default/files/publications/EU-RDE_policy-update_18012017_vF.pdf.
- The European Commission , “Regulations Appendix 5, Appendix 7a, Appendix 7b - Commission Regulation (EU) 2017/1151 of 1 June 2017.”
- The European Commission , “Commission Regulation (EU) 2018/1832 of 5 November 2018.”
- U.S. EPA Science Inventory , “PEMS (Portable Emissions Measurement System),” 2008, https://cfpub.epa.gov/si/si_public_record_Report.cfm?Lab=OTAQ&dirEntryId=72469, accessed September 5, 2019.
- Breton, L.A.G. and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency , “Realtime On-Road Vehicle Exhaust Gas Modular Flowmeter and Emissions Reporting System,” U.S. Patent 6,148,656, 2000.
- Cadle, S.H., Gorse, R.A. Jr., Bailey, B.K., and Lawson, D.R. , “Real-World Vehicle Emissions: A Summary of the Twelfth Coordinating Research Council On-Road Vehicle Emissions Workshop,” Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association 53(2):152-167, 2003.
- U.S. Federal Register , “Control of Emissions of Air Pollution from New Motor Vehicles: In-Use Testing for Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines and Vehicles,” Federal Register 70(113):34594-34626, June 14, 2005.
- U.S. Federal Register , “In-Use Testing for Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines and Vehicles; Emission Measurement Accuracy Margins for Portable Emission Measurement Systems and Program Revisions,” Federal Register 73(50):13441-13452, Mar. 13, 2008.
- U.S. EPA , “Vehicle and Fuel Emissions Testing - Technical Capabilities of the National Vehicle and Fuel Emissions Laboratory,” 2019, https://www.epa.gov/vehicle-and-fuel-emissions-testing/technical-capabilities-national-vehicle-and-fuel-emissions, accessed September 5, 2019.
- EC Joint Research Center , “EMROAD - User Guide,” Version 6.03 Build 3, 2019.
- Lee, S., Fulper, C., McDonald, J., and Olechiw, M. , “Real-World Emission Modeling and Validations Using PEMS and GPS Vehicle Data,” SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0757 , 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0757.
- Tober, W. and Szikora, M. “Real Driving Emissions for Light-Duty Vehicles in the European Union,” Institute for Powertrains & Automotive Technology, Vienna, Aug. 2018.
- Clairotte, M. , “The Introduction of the Real-Driving Emissions Procedure in the European Type-Approval Process and the EMROAD Tool,” University of Belgrade, Oct. 2017.
- U.S. Federal Register , “Control of Air Pollution from New Motor Vehicles: Tier 2 Motor Vehicle Emissions Standards and Gasoline Sulfur Control Requirements,” Federal Register 65(28):6698-6822, Feb. 10, 2000.
- U.S. Code of Federal Regulations , Title 40, Part 1066, §1066.635.
- U.S. Federal Register , “Control of Air Pollution From Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards,” Federal Register 79(81):23414-23886, Apr. 28, 2014.