Introduction to Weibull Solution Methods
While the course module is just over 75 minutes in length, the estimated time to completion, including exercises, job aids and the learning assessment is two hours.
What Will You Learn
- Determine whether or not the available data is appropriate for a Weibull solution
- Discuss the background and explain the benefits of Weibull solution methods
- Create, interpret and evaluate the correctness of a Weibull plot
- Distinguish between an infant mortality failure issue and a wearout failure issue
- Forecast events under different maintenance strategies
- Determine pass/fail criteria in designing a test program
- Explain 16 additional Weibull analysis capabilities, called Weibull Extensions and locate additional resources
Is This Course For You
The Weibull Solution Methods course is designed for technical personnel and engineers who want to discover the best toolset for continuous improvement at their organization or business. The course will benefit those in any industry including automotive, aerospace, electrical/electronic, transportation, design, manufacturing, test planning, warranty, reliability, quality, liability, value engineering, and management, among others. This course is appropriate for anyone who needs an awareness of Weibull’s basic premises and benefits as well as those who need this foundational knowledge as a prerequisite for additional training toward becoming an expert Weibull practitioner.
If you are seeking a more comprehensive course, consider attending the Weibull-Log Normal Workshop in a three-day classroom setting, led by instructor Wes Fulton.
Have colleagues who need this course? See Special Offers to the right.
Click on the Requirements tab to make sure you are properly equipped to interact with this course.
- 90 days of online single-user access (from date of purchase) to the 75 minute presentation
- Integrated knowledge checks to reinforce key concepts
- Online learning assessment (submit to SAE)
- Job aid for practical application of the topics covered
- Instructor follow up to your content questions
- .2 CEUs*/Certificate of Achievement (upon completion of all course content and a score of 70% or higher on the learning assessment)
- Windows 7, 8, 10 (other operating systems and mobile platforms are not supported but may work)
- Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox 37 , Google Chrome 42 (other browsers are not supported)
- Broadband-1Mbps minimum
- Introduction and Background
- Basic Plotting
- Basic Interpreting
- Case Studies
- Extensions and Summary