Principles of ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, and AS9100
The Principles of ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, and AS9100 on demand course provides those in the automotive and aerospace industries with a high-level overview of these quality management system standards. It is designed to explore the history that lead to the development of the standards. The course also highlights the need for organizations to determine the necessary competence for personnel performing work affecting product quality, provide training or take other actions to satisfy these needs, evaluate the effectiveness of the actions taken, to ensure that personnel are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the achievement of the quality objectives, and maintain appropriate records of education, training, skills and experience.
What Will You Learn
- Recognize the need for international, imposed quality management systems and standards
- Describe the history leading up to the ISO 9001
- Explain why the Automotive and Aerospace industries need specific supplements to the ISO 9001
- Identify key elements of a quality management system incorporated in the quality management standards, including configuration management and continuous improvement
- Describe the Plan, Do, Check, Act process and summarize how it can be applied to all processes to increase production and reduce waste
- Define key terms used with the quality standards and summarize key elements included in sections 1-10 of ISO 9001:2015
Is This Course For You
In all three standards, paragraph 6.2.2 states the need for competence, awareness and training. Management and personnel in all departments from sales and marketing to engineering, purchasing, production, customer service, receiving, packaging, storage, shipping, and beyond will benefit from the purpose driven management systems that are necessary to deliver customer satisfaction and survive in the global economy.
Have colleagues who need this course? See Special Offers to the right.
Click on the Requirements tab to make sure you are properly equipped to interact with this course.
- 90 days of online single-user access (from date of purchase) to the 35 minute presentation
- Printable summary of the key takeways from each lesson
- Integrated knowledge checks to reinforce key concepts
- Instructor follow up to your content questions
- Proof of Participation (Transcript)
- Windows 7, 8, 10 (other operating systems and mobile platforms are not supported but may work)
- Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox 37 , Google Chrome 42 (other browsers are not supported)
- Broadband-1Mbps minimum
- The Cost of Poor Quality
- History and Development of the ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949 and AS9100
- Quality Management System Principles and the Process Approach
- Terms and Definitions
- Overview of the Sections in ISO 9001:2015