Advanced GD&T Competencies: Profile of a Surface Web Seminar RePlay
What Will You Learn
- Explain when profile tolerances require a datum reference
- Determine which aspects of GD&T a given profile tolerance controls
- Interpret unilateral, bilateral, and nonuniform tolerances
- Describe how to properly measure profile tolerances
Is This Course For You
This advanced-level course is intended for designers, product engineers, manufacturing engineers, manufacturing personnel, and quality/gaging inspectors with a basic knowledge of GD&T concepts. It is a companion to the Advanced GD&T Competencies: Composite Positioning and Datum Usage web seminars.Prerequisites
For those new to GD&T, the Fundamentals of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing Web Seminar is a recommended prerequisite.
Have colleagues who need this course? See Special Offers to the right.
Click on the Requirements tab to make sure you are properly equipped to interact with this course."
- 90 days of online single-user access (from date of purchase) to the approximately one and one half hour recorded presentation
- Course workbook (downloadable, .pdf's)
- Online learning assessment
- Instructor follow up to your content questions
- .15 CEUs*/Certificate of Achievement (upon completion of all course content and a score of 70% or higher on the learning assessment)
*SAE International is authorized by IACET to offer CEUs for this course.
- Windows or macOS
- Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari (Other OSs and browsers including mobile devices are not supported by may work)
- Broadband-3Mbps minimum
- Review of profile of a surface and profile of a line
- Using profile without datums
- All around and all over
- Locating a profile zone with toleranced dimensions
- Using the MMB modifier with profile
- Composite profile
- The "U" modifier
- Nonuniform tolerancing
|Webinar Recordings||Advanced GD&T Competencies: Composite Positioning Web Seminar RePlay|
|Webinar Recordings||Advanced GD&T Competencies: Datum Usage Web Seminar RePlay|