Advanced GD&T Competencies: Datum Usage Web Seminar RePlay
What Will You Learn
- Explain the difference between a datum and a datum feature
- Select appropriate datums for irregularly shaped parts such as body or interior panels
- Properly simulate given datums
- Explain effects of a modified datum on a geometric tolerance
- Interpret new datum tools such as translation and custom degrees of freedom
Is This Course For You
This advanced-level course is intended for designers, product engineers, manufacturing engineers, manufacturing personnel, and quality/gaging inspectors with a basic knowledge of GD&T concepts. It is a companion to the Advanced GD&T Competencies: Profile of a Surface and Composite Positioning web seminars.
For those new to GD&T, the Fundamentals of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing Web Seminar is a recommended prerequisite.
Have colleagues who need this course? See Special Offers to the right.
Click on the Requirements tab to make sure you are properly equipped to interact with this course.
- 90 days of online single-user access (from date of purchase) to the approximately one and one half hour recorded presentation
- Course workbook (downloadable, .pdf's)
- Online learning assessment
- Instructor follow up to your content questions
- .15 CEUs*/Certificate of Achievement (upon completion of all course content and a score of 70% or higher on the learning assessment)
*SAE International is authorized by IACET to offer CEUs for this course.
- Windows 7, 8, 10 (other operating systems and mobile platforms are not supported but may work)
- Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox 37, Google Chrome 42 (other browsers are not supported)
- Broadband-1Mbps minimum
- Brief review of traditional datum usage
- Selecting datums: surface vs. feature of size
- Use of the MMB modifier (formerly MMC)
- Using a pattern as a single datum
- The new translation modifier
- Applying the "M" modifier to a surface
- Customized degrees of freedom
- Irregular feature of size datums
- Moveable datum targets