This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Energy Options on the Path Toward a More Sustainable Transportation Sector
- Research Report
Published August 24, 2022 by SAE International in United States
The transportation sector has an enormous demand for resources and energy, is a major contributor of emissions (i.e., greenhouse gases in particular), and it is defined largely by the kind of energy it uses—be it electric cars, biofuel trucks, or hydrogen aircraft. Given the size of this sector, it has a crucial role in combatting climate change and securing sustainability in its three forms: environmental, societal, and economic.
Energy Options on the Path Toward a More Sustainable Transportation Sector examines the many questions concerning alternative energy options for mobility:
- Is hydrogen the fuel of the future?
- Is there is enough electricity to power a fully electric transportation sector?
- What happens when millions of electric vehicle batteries need to be decommissioned?
- Which regulatory measures are effective and appropriate for moving the sector in the right direction?
- What is the “right” direction?