Tolerance Stack-up Fundamentals
What Will You Learn
- Perform and develop a tolerance stack-up analysis
- Correctly enter geometric feature control frame data into a tolerance stack
- Apply a common step-by-step methodology to tolerance stack analysis
Is This Course For You
Engineers familiar with concepts and practices contained within Y14.5 and who are looking for a fundamental step-by-step process for getting geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (G D & T) into a tolerance stack will benefit from this course. A basic understanding of G D & T symbols and concepts is required.
This course satisfies a requirement in the Product Engineering Tools and Methods Certificate Program.
*Global toll-free telephone numbers are provided for many countries outside the U.S., but are limited to those on the WebEx call-in toll-free number list. Check here to see if your country has a global call-in toll free telephone number for this web seminar. If your country is not listed, you may still connect using the US/Canada Call-in toll number or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
Although WebEx Training Manager will automatically launch when you join the web seminar, you or your system administrator are encouraged to download the plug-in in advance to help ensure successful setup. Click here, then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Introduction and review
- Introduction and tolerancing review
- Tolerancing strategies
- Review of G D & T
- Stack fundamentals
- How to identify the stack path
- The two-column stack spreadsheet
- Entering dimensions into the spreadsheet
- Examples with coordinate dimensions
- Factoring G D & T into a Stack
- Location and runout tolerances
- Profile tolerances
- Form and orientation tolerances
- Bonus and shift tolerance in a stack
- Overview of bonus and shift tolerance
- Part vs. assembly stacks