This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Computation of Critical Speeds of Elastics Shafts Considering the Gyroscopic Effect
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 09, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The analysis of critical speeds of elastic shafts considering gyroscopic effect is performed by the transfer matrix method. A transfer matrix is formulated for free vibration without damping and forced vibrations with damping. A rotor-motor-pump model is analized with both the Finite Element Method (FEM) and Transfer Matrix Method (TMM) to compare and validate the approach. The gyroscopic effect influences in the resonance frequency is analysed.
CitationToresan, W., Tamagna, A., and da Silveira Matos, D., "Computation of Critical Speeds of Elastics Shafts Considering the Gyroscopic Effect," SAE Technical Paper 982900, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/982900.
- Den Hartog, J. P.; Mechanical vibrations, McGraw-Hill, 1947.
- Green, R. B.; Gyroscopic effects on the critical speeds of flexible rotor, Journal Applied Mechanics, ASME, 1948.
- Rao, J. S.; Rotor dynamics, Wiley Eastern Limited, 1983.
- Sauer, G. & Wolf, M.; Finite element analysis of gyroscopic effects, Elsevier, 1989.
- Pestel, E.C. & Leckie, F. A.; Matrix method in elastomechanics, McGraw-Hill, 1983.
- Coutinho, L. F. & Tamagna, A.; Flexural vibration analysis of constant velocity halfshafts, SAE paper #960725, 1996.