This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Driving Pattern Survey in City of Seoul for Vehicle Emissions Control
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 09, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A computer aided test system, which is called MOde Survey System (MOSS), is newly developed to evaluate a driving pattern and traffic flow in Seoul, Korea. This system is designed for the people who work on vehicle emissions and energy more quantitatively with the aim of being cost-effective and easy-to-use.
Compared to currently-existing Test and Measurement Systems, MOSS is designed and developed for a specific goal with a couple of unique features. These features are:
To be able to be used as either a stand alone system like a data logging system or a real-time processing system with a PC to easily visualize vehicle performances and traffic information during the test.
To provide a statistical analysis program for easy use to analyze of driving pattern and traffic situation with logged test data files.
The test results show that about 35% of the total travelling time is the stationary time, the vehicle runs under 100rpm for around 50% of the total travelling time, and drivers shift the gear about 2 times per minute during driving in Seoul
CitationSunwoo, M. and Lee, W., "A Driving Pattern Survey in City of Seoul for Vehicle Emissions Control," SAE Technical Paper 982896, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/982896.
- Sunwoo M. Lee W. “Design and Development of a Computer Aided Shift-survey System for Manual Transmission vehicle” SAE 973125 1997
- Gorder K. V. Janitor W. A. Menjoulet S. “Effective In-Vehicle Acquisition” SAE 981076 1998
- M68HC11 Reference Manual Motorola 1991
- Greenfield The 68HC11 Microcontroller Saunders College Publishing 1992
- Spasov Peter Microcontroller Technology Prentice Hall 1993
- Savant Electronic Design The Benjamin Publishing Company 1991
- Frederiksen Thomas M. Intuitive IC Op Amps National Semiconductor 1984