This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Method of A/F Control During SI Engine Cold Start, Part 2
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 19, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Fall Fuels and Lubricants Meeting and Exposition International Congress & Exposition
This work presents an approach for developing a control algorithm for fuel delivery at cold start based on C.F. Aquino's fuel film dynamic model .
The control algorithm presented takes into account the fuel delivery both in the fuel film form and in the form of droplets and vapor, that allows setting the limits on the fuel supply calculation in order to achieve good startability (without spark plug wetting) and low CO and HC emission.
An algorithm was developed as a computer program and tested in calculation experiments. Although the empirical parameters of mathematical fuel delivery model were determined on a carburetor engine, this control algorithm is also applicable to engines with fuel injection due to similarity of the physical nature of mixture preparation.
CitationNeyachenko, I., "Method of A/F Control During SI Engine Cold Start, Part 2," SAE Technical Paper 982521, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/982521.
- Aquino C.F. «Transient A/F Control Characteristics of the 5 Liter Central Fuel Injected Engine» SAE Pap. 810494
- Laurikko J. «Emissions Performance of Current TWC Vehicles at Low Ambient Temperature over FTP and ECE Test Cycles» SAE Pap. 940933
- Hires S.D. Overington M.T. «Transient Mixture Strength Excursions - An Investigation of Their Causes and the Development of a Constant Mixture Strength Fueling Strategy» SAE Pap. 810495
- Monden H. Kataoka R. «Practical Measuring Method of Deposited Fuel and Evaporated Fuel in the Induction System» SAE Pap. 905042
- Horie K. Takahasi H. Akazaki S. «Emissions Reduction During Warm-Up Period by Incorporating a Wall-Wetting Fuel Model on the Fuel Injection Strategy During Engine Starting» SAE Pap. 952478
- Hohsho Y. Fucunaga S. Murata K. «Mixture Formation at Engine Cranking» Hiroshima daigaku kogakubu kenkyu hokoku 1979 27 No 2 21 29
- Aquino C.F. «Steady-State and Transient A/F Control Requirements for Cold Operation of a 1.6 Liter Engine with Single-Point Fuel Injection» SAE Pap. 850509
- Benedictov A.R. «Research of Mixture Preparation in the Inlet Port of a Port-Injected Automobile Engine» Dissertation for Doctor's degree at Moscow Automobile-Road Institute USSR 1977
- Tananaiko Y.N. Vorontsov E.G. «The Methods for Film-based Processes Calculation and Research» Technica Kiev, USSR 1975
- Browning L.H. «Alcohol Cold Starting - A Theoretical Study» SAE Pap. 839097
- Ladomatos, N. Rose, D.W. «Results of a Computer Model of Droplet Thermodynamic and Dynamic Behavior in the Port of a Port-Injected Engine» SAE Pap. 960468
- Voinov, A.N. «Combustion in High-Speed Piston Engines» Machinostrojeniye Moscow, USSR 1977