This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Fuel Efficiency of SAE 5W-20 Friction Modified Gasoline Engine Oil
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 19, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An SAE 5W-20 ILSAC GF-2 gasoline engine oil, which improves vehicle fuel efficiency by more than 1.5% relative to conventional SAE 5W-30 gasoline engine oils, was newly developed. And the target that 1.5% fuel efficiency improvement remains more than 10,000km was also achieved. The viscosity of this oil was optimized to satisfy both fuel economy and anti-wear performances. MoDTC and thiadiazole were added to achieve the target.
|Technical Paper||Development of 0W-20 ILSAC GF-3 Gasoline Engine Oil|
|Technical Paper||Fuel Economy Gains with Modern Technology, SAE 5W-20 Engine Oils in a GM Engine as Measured in the EPA FTP Test|
CitationHoshino, K., Kawai, H., and Akiyama, K., "Fuel Efficiency of SAE 5W-20 Friction Modified Gasoline Engine Oil," SAE Technical Paper 982506, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/982506.
- Akiyama Kenyu Ueda F. Miyake J. Tasaka K. Sugiyama S. Fuel economy performance of the highly efficient fuel economy oils using chassis dynamometer test SAE Paper 932690 1993
- Tohyama Mamoru Ohmori, Yamamoto Akiyama, Kawai et al. Effects of engine oil viscosity and friction modifier on engine wear Japanese Society of Tribologists Proceedings of JAST Tribology Conference Kitakyushu 120 October 1996
- Inoue Kiyoshi Tominaga E. Akiyama K. Ashida T. Effects of lubricant composition on fuel efficiency in modern engines SAE Paper 951037 1995
- Akiyama Kenyu Kikuchi, Sugiyama Ashida, Tanaka Gasoline engine oil durability on fuel economy improvement performance Japan Society of Automotive Engineers 1995 JSAE Spring Convention Proceedings 207 JSAE 9535279 1995
- Arai Katsuya Yamada M. Asano S. Yoshizawa S. Ohira H. et al. Lubricant technology to enhance the durability of low friction performance of gasoline engine oil SAE Paper 952533 1995
- Kurono Koichi Owaki, Suzuki Akiyama, Shionoya Study of effects of engine oil additives on the properties of fluoroelastomers Japan Society of Automotive Engineers 1997 JSAE Autumn Convention Proceedings 245 JSAE 9740127 1997
- Akiyama Kenyu Kawai Hiromi Sugiyama Shinichi Development of Fuel Economy 5W-20 Gasoline Engine Oil Toyota Technical Review 47 2 1998