This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Analysis of Vehicle Behavior and Occupant Protection Methodology for EURO-Side Impact in a Convertible Car
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 29, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes an analytical method to find optimal side structure of convertible vehicle for occupant protection using full vehicle finite element model compared with typical notch-back style vehicle.
The strategy of occupant protection for convertible vehicle is quite different from that of notch-back sedan in the view point of vehicle structure due to the limitations in building concept of side structures. In this study, the strategy leading to reliable results in the convertible type vehicle will be discussed.
This analysis work shows a good preliminary result for predicting vehicle side structure behavior and occupant injury in early stage of car developing program.
|Technical Paper||SIPSBAG - The Seat-Mounted Side Impact Airbag System|
|Technical Paper||Sled System Requirements for the Analysis of Side Impact Thoracic Injury Criteria and Occupant Protection|
CitationCho, J., Kim, D., and Lee, M., "The Analysis of Vehicle Behavior and Occupant Protection Methodology for EURO-Side Impact in a Convertible Car," SAE Technical Paper 982354, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/982354.
- Pickett A.K. “Side Impact Simulation Techniques” A workshop training course for Pam-Crash users Japan 1995
- Cho J.H. Jung S.B. Kwon S.E. Lee M.S. “The Analysis of Vehicle Behaviors and Occupant Injury for Side Impact in a Passenger Car” Technical Review(DWMC) 112 121 1996
- Adrian C. “Dispelling the Misconceptions about Side Impact Protection” SAE Technical Report, No. 950879 1995
- Bergmann Rolf Bremer Claudia Wang Xuefeng Enblen Arnold “Requirements of Comprehensive Side Protection and Their Effections on Car Development” 15th ESV Conference Melbourne, Australia 1996
- Yamaguchi Shuji “Concept of Side Impact Occupant Protection and Evaluation Method for Automobile Development” Strategies for Side Impact Protection 49 63 1993
- Hallquist John O. “LS-DYNA3D Theoretical Manual” 1991