This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Alternative Fuel Truck Evaluation Project - Design and Preliminary Results
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 04, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The objective of this project, which is supported by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) through the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), is to provide a comprehensive comparison of heavy-duty trucks operating on alternative fuels and diesel fuel. Data collection from up to eight sites is planned. This paper summarizes the design of the project and early results from the first two sites. Data collection is planned for operations, maintenance, truck system descriptions, emissions, duty cycle, safety incidents, and capital costs and operating costs associated with the use of alternative fuels in trucking.
|Technical Paper||Five Novel Bio Based Diesels Tested in a Light-Duty Road Going Engine|
|Technical Paper||Application of a Low Emission Methanol Engine to a Heavy-Duty Truck - Vehicle Installation and Operating Experience|
CitationChandler, K., Norton, P., and Clark, N., "Alternative Fuel Truck Evaluation Project - Design and Preliminary Results," SAE Technical Paper 981392, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/981392.
- Data Collection Plan for Phase 2 Alternative Fuels Transit Bus Data Collection Program National Renewable Energy Laboratory Golden, Colorado 1993
- Chandler, K. Malcosky, N. Motta, R. Norton, P. Kelly, K. Schumacher, L. Lyons, D. Alternative Fuel Transit Bus Evaluation Program Results 961082 SAE International Warrendale, PA 1996
- Motta, R. Chandler, K. Schumacher, L. Clark, N. Alternative Fuel Transit Buses, Final Results from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) Vehicle Evaluation Program National Renewable Energy Laboratory Golden, Colorado 1996
- Chandler, K. Malcosky, N. Motta, R. Kelly, K. Norton, P. Schumacher, L. Final Alternative Fuel Transit Bus Evaluation Results Battelle Columbus, Ohio 1996
- Project Guidelines, Alternative Fuel Truck Evaluation Project Battelle Columbus, Ohio 1997
- Clark, N. Gautam, M. Bata, R. Lyons, D. “Design and Operation of a New Transportable Laboratory for Emissions Testing of Heavy Duty Trucks and Buses” International Journal of Vehicle Design: Heavy Vehicle Systems 2 3 4 285 299 1995
- Clark, N. Messer, D. McKain, D. Wang, W. Bata, R. Gautam, M. Lyons, D. Use of the West Virginia University Truck Test Cycle to Evaluate Emissions from Class 8 Trucks 951016 SAE International Warrendale, PA 1995
- Battelle Raley's LNG Truck Fleet, Start-Up Experience National Renewable Energy Laboratory Golden, CO 1997
- Correspondence with Cummins Engine Company Columbus, Indiana October 1996
- Telephone conversation with Cummins Engine Company Columbus, Indiana March 1998
- Gebert, K. Beck, J. Barkhimer, R. Wong, H. Wells, A. Development of Pilot Fuel Injection System for CNG Engine 961100 SAE International Warren, PA 1996
- Gebert, K. Beck, J. Barkhimer, R. Wong, H. Strategies to Improve Combustion and Emission Characteristics of Dual-Fuel Pilot-Ignited Natural Gas Engines 971712 SAE International Warren, PA 1997