This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Automated State Model Generation Algorithm for Simulation/Analysis of Power Systems with Power Electronic Components
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 21, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, a recently-developed algorithmic method of deriving the state equations of power systems containing power electronic components is described. Therein the system is described by the pertinent branch parameters and the circuit topology; however, unlike circuit-based algorithms, the difference equations are not implemented at the branch level. Instead, the composite system state equations are established. A demonstration of the computer implementation of this algorithm to model a variable-speed, constant-frequency aircraft generation system is described. Because of the large number of states and complexity of the system, particular attention is placed on the development of a model structure which provides optimal simulation efficiency.
CitationPekarek, S., Walters, E., Skvarenina, T., and Wasynczuk, O., "An Automated State Model Generation Algorithm for Simulation/Analysis of Power Systems with Power Electronic Components," SAE Technical Paper 981256, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/981256.
- Dommel, H. W. “Digital Computer Solution of Electromagnetic Transients in Single- and Multiphase Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems , 1969 388 396
- Nagel, L. W. Pederson, D. O. “Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis,” University of California Electronic Research Laboratory Memorandum EAL-M382 April 1973
- Analogy, Inc. “Introduction to the Saber Simulator,” Beaverton Oregon 1991
- The MathWorks, Inc. “Simulink Dynamic System Simulation Software - Users Manual,” Natick, Massachusetts 1993
- Mitchell and Gauthier Associates Advanced Continuous Simulation Language Reference Manual,” Concord, MA 1993
- Wasynczuk 0. Sudhoff S. D. “Automated State Model Generation Algorithm for Power Circuits and Systems,” Paper 96 WM 259-2 PWRC IEEE Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting Baltimore, MD Jan. 21-25 1996
- Krause P. C. Wasynczuk 0. Sudhoff S. D. Analysis of Electric Machinery , IEEE Press Piscataway, NJ 1995
- Pelly, B. R. Thyristor Phase-Controlled Converters and Cycle-converters Operation, Control, and Performance New York Wiley Interscience 1971
- Pekarek S. D. Wasynczuk 0. Hegner H. J. “An Efficient and Accurate Model for Analysis and Simulation of Synchronous Machine/Converter Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion , 1998