This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Electric Vehicle with Racing Speeds
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 23, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Formula Lightning is an exciting part of GMI Engineering & Management Institute's motorsports program. This project is an excellent opportunity for students to apply and test their acquired classroom skills in practical applications. Competing in six race events annually, students are exposed to high caliber competitions in engineering design, combined with the thrill of racing.
The Formula Lightning is a unique high-speed electric vehicle. Most of the challenging engineering tasks lie within the drive train design and battery system efficiency. Part of the battery system design and development includes a quick and reliable technique for exchanging battery packs under race conditions. Designed and built by GMI students, this project encompasses all fields of engineering giving experience with mechanical and electrical design as well as project management and marketing.
|Technical Paper||Failure Analysis of Some Toyota Prius Battery Packs and Potential for Recovery|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Industry Review of xEV Battery Size Standards|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Technical Information Report on Automotive Battery Recycling|
- Edward Heil - GMI Engineering & Management Institute
- Colin Jordan - GMI Engineering & Management Institute
- Karim J. Nasr - GMI Engineering & Management Institute
- Keith M. Plagens - GMI Engineering & Management Institute
- Massoud Tavakoli - GMI Engineering & Management Institute
- Mark Thompson - GMI Engineering & Management Institute
- Jeffrey T. Wolak - GMI Engineering & Management Institute