This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Algorithm of Optimum Torque Control for Hybrid Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 23, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An algorithm for a fuel efficient hybrid drivetrain control system that can attain fewer exhaust emissions and higher fuel economy was investigated. The system integrates a lean burn engine with high supercharging, an exhaust gas recycle system, an electric machine for power assist, and an electronically controlled gear transmission. Smooth switching of the power source, the air-fuel ratio,pressure ratio, exhaust gas ratio as a function of the target torque were analyzed. The estimation of air mass in cylinder by using an air flow meter was investegated to control the air-fuel ratio precisely during transients.
CitationOhyama, Y., "An Algorithm of Optimum Torque Control for Hybrid Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 980890, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/980890.
- Ohyama Y. An Advanced Engine Drivetrain Control System,- SAE Technical Paper Series No. 970291 International Congress & Exposition Detroit, Michigan February 24-27 1997
- Hybrid Honda adds smooth power boost WARD'S Engine and Vehicle Technology Update 2 November 1 1996
- Carb to test Mitubishi hybrid-electric vehicle WARD'S Engine and Vehicle Technology Update 7 June 1 1995
- Toyota explains its 70-mpg semi-hybrid WARD'S Engine and Vehicle Technology Update 5 November 15 1995
- Kalkert W. Adams W. Future Powertrain Systems, AVL Conference “Engine and Environment” '94 Graz, Austria June 16 1994
- Ohyama Y. An advanced engine drivetrain control system that improves fuel economy and lowers exhaust emissions 5th International Congress European Automobile Engineers Cooperation Strasburg 21-23 June 1995
- Ohyama Y. A new engine drivetrain control system 29th International Symposium on Automotive Technology & Automation Florence, Italy 3-6 June 1996
- Ohyama Y. A Fuel Efficient Engine Drivetrain Control System 9th International Pacific Conference on Automotive Engineering Bali, Indonesia November 16-21 1997
- Ohyama Y. A Fuel Efficient Hybrid Drivetrain Control System Autotech '97 4-6 November 1997 Birmingham, U.K.
- Ohyama Y. Fujieda M. A new engine control system using direct fuel injection and variable valve timing SAE Paper No. 950973 1995 SAE International Congress and Exposition Detroit Feburuary 27 March 2 1995
- Nakahara S. Mitzuda J. Sato Y. Yamnagihara H. A study of Rapid Combustion with High Dispersed Fuel-Air Mixure under High Load Operation 1997 JSAE Spring Convention, Paper No. 972496 Yokohama, Japan May 1997
- Fekete N. P. Nester U. Gruden I. Powell J. D. Model-Based Air-Fuel Ratio Control of a Lean Multi-Cylinder Engine SAE Paper 950846 International Congress and Exposition Detroit, Michigan February 27 March 2 1995
- Machida H. Itoh H. Imanishi T. Tanaka H. Design Principle of High Power Traction Drive CVT SAE Paper 950675 International Congress and Exposition Detroit February 27 March 2 1995
- Norzi A. Cuzzucoli G. How Electronic Controls Make It Possible to Automate Conventional Transmission for Commercial Vehicles FISITA'94 Technical Paper 945233 17-21 October 1994 Beijing
- Hedman A. Synchromesh Transmissions with Power-Shifting Ability-Improved Truck Performance 5th International Congress European Automobile Engineers Cooperation Strasbourg 21-23 June 1995
- 1998 novembre decembre 1996 34 35
- Ohyama Yoshishige Nishimura Yutaka Ohsuga Minoru Yamauchi Teruo Hot-Wire Air Flow Meter for Gasoline Fuel-Injection System 1996 JSAE Autumn Convention Proceedings No 965 October 4 6 Sapporo, Japan
- 14 June 1990
- Drakunov S. Rizzoni G. Wang Y. Y. On-Line Estimation of Indicated Torque in IC Engines Using Nonlinear Observers SAE Paper 950840 International Congress and Exposition Detroit, Michigan February 27 March 2 1995
- Schenk D. E. Wells R. L. Miller J. E. Intelligent Braking for Current and Future Vehicles SAE Paper 950762 Intern-tional Congress and Exposition Detroit, Michigan February 27 March 2 1995