This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Use of CAE for the Optimization of Engine NVH Behaviour: State-of-the-Art and Future Trends
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 23, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Linear analysis are state-of-the-art to determine the NVH behaviour of engines by use of the finite element method (FEM). Using direct methods for solving the equations even supercomputing does not help to prevent nonlinear transient analysis from being very time consuming and inefficient for the essentially large number of degrees of freedom.
Presenting nonlinear transient analysis of different engines, new possibilities are shown for determining the NVH behaviour of complete power units.
CitationPayer, E. and Platnick, J., "The Use of CAE for the Optimization of Engine NVH Behaviour: State-of-the-Art and Future Trends," SAE Technical Paper 980274, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/980274.
- Bennet,J.,Crealy,L.,Engelmore,R.,Melosh,R.: A knowledge-based consultant for structural analysis.,Tech.Rep.No.STAN-CS-78-699, Stanford University, 1978
- Svoboda,M.,Schmidt,W.,Ulrich,H.: Allgemeine und vereinfachte FE-Modelle für Kurbelwellenberechnungen, IKOSS-FEM-Kongress, 1983
- Okamura,H.,Sogabe,K.,Shinno,A.: Dynamic stiffness matrix method for the three-dimensional analysis of crankshaft vibrations, IMechE, 1988
- Ott,W.,Kaiser,H.J.,Meyer,J.: Finite Element analysis of the dynamic behaviour of an engine block and comparison with experimental modal test results, MSC-Nastran World Users Conference, Los Angeles, USA, 3
- Payer,E.,Kainz,A.,Fiedler,G.: Fatigue Analysis of Crankshafts Using Nonlinear Transient Simulation Techniques., SAE Technical Paper Series 950709, International Congress, 1995
- Newmark,N.M.: A method of computation for structural dynamics., A.S.C.E. Journal of engineering, Mechanics division, Vol.85, 1959, pp.67-94.
- Oh,K.P.,Goenka,P.K.: The Elastohydrodynamic solution of Journal Bearings under Dynamic Loading., Journal of Tribology, Vol. 107, 1985
- Payer,E.,Fiedler,G.: Die Akustikanalyse von Verbrennungsmotoren., MTZ Motortechnische Zeitschrift 56, 1995