This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Hardware-In-The-Loop Simulation for ABS
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 23, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The prevalence of microprocessor-based controllers in automotive systems has greatly increased the need for tools which can be used to validate and test control systems over their full range of operation. The objective of this paper is to develop a real time simulator of an anti-lock brake system and the methodology of using hardware-in-the-loop simulation based on a personal computer. By use of this simulator, the analyses of a commercial electronic control unit as well as the validation of the developed control logics for ABS were performed successfully. The simulator of this research can be applied to the development of more advanced control systems, such as traction control system, vehicle dynamic control system and so forth.
CitationSuh, M., Seok, C., Kim, Y., Chung, J. et al., "Hardware-In-The-Loop Simulation for ABS," SAE Technical Paper 980244, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/980244.
- Kempf Deborah, Bonderson Loren, Slafer Loren, “Real Time Simulation for Application to ABS Development”, SAE Paper 870336.
- Fennel Helmut, Mahr Sascha, and Schleysing Rudiger, “Transputer-Based Real-Time Simulator- A High Performance Tool for ABS and TCS Development”, SAE Paper 920643.
- Michales Larry, “The use of a Graphical Modeling Environment for Real-Time Hardware- in-the-Loop Simulation of Automotive ABS Systems”, SAE Paper 930507.
- Sailer Ulrich, Essers Ulf, “Real Time Simulation of Trucks for Hardware-in-the-Loop Applications”, SAE Paper 942297.
- BachTh., SchmittH., SchwankeW., TumbrinkH.J., ““Roadrunner”-Real Time Simulation in Anti-lock Brake System Development”, SAE Paper 950758.
- Yeo, J.H., “A Study on the Braking Characteristics of an ABS Vehicle”, Master Thesis, Sung Kyun Kwan Univ., 1996.