This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Booster-with-Shield Child Restraint Case Studies
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 12, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper reviews seven motor vehicle crashes from the authors' files, in which a child occupant was using a booster-with-shield type child restraint and sustained serious injury.
|Technical Paper||Effect of Cognitive Workload on Automatic Restraint System Usage|
|Technical Paper||Assessment of Timely Retractor Lockup in Automotive Seat Belt Systems|
|Technical Paper||An Energy Based Analysis for Neck Forces in Frontal Impacts|
CitationWhitman, G., Brown, K., Cantor, A., D'Aulerio, L. et al., "Booster-with-Shield Child Restraint Case Studies," SAE Technical Paper 973307, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/973307.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration “Child Passenger Safety Resource Manual,” March 1992
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration “Sudden Impact - An Occupant Protection Fact Book,” July 1991
- American Academy of Pediatrics “1992 Family Shopping Guide to Car Seats,” “Child Restraint Systems,” Ottawa, Canada
- Sullivan L. K. et al. “Assessment of Dynamic Testing Environment of Child Restraint Systems,” SAE No. 933134
- Weber K. “Child Passenger Protection,” Accidental Injury Biomechanics and Prevention 1993
- Marriner P. C. et al. “Abdominal Shield Booster Cushions In Motor Vehicle Accidents,” Proceedings of the Canadian Multidisciplinary Road Safety Conference IX May 28-31 1995 Montreal, Quebec
- Gowdy V. DeWeese R. “The Performance of Child Restraint Devices in Transport Airplane Passenger Seats,” Civil Aeromedical Institute, Federal Aviation Administration September 1994
- Kahane C. J. “A Preliminary Evaluation of Seat Back Locks for Two-Door Passenger Cars with Folding Front Seat Backs,” Report No. DOT HS 807 067 February 1987
- Huijskens C. G. et al. “The Influence of Asymmetrical Lower Belt Anchorage Locations on the Crash Performance of Child Restraint Systems,” International IRCOBI Conference on the Biomechanics of Impacts Eindhoven, The Netherlands September 8-10 1993
- Markushewski M. L. et al. “Assessment of Asymmetrical Anchor Points and Load-Limiting Loops with the Lap Portion of Automotive Occupant Restraints” 35th Survival and Flight Equipment SAFE Association Pheonix, AZ September 8-10 1997
- Pedder J. et al. “Development of the CANFIX Infant and Child Restraint/Vehicle Interface System,” 38th Stapp Car Conference
- Bell R. “ISOFIX: The Potential of a Universal Vehicle/Child Restraint Interface for Misuse Reduction and Performance Enhancement,” 38th Stapp Car Conference
- Department Of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Administration Notice of Proposed Rule Making February 20 1997 62 34