This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Investigating the Fatique Strength of Commercial-Vehicle Clutches
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 31, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The torsional damper of a vehicle's clutch is, as part of the drive train, subjected to various dynamic loads. Increasing torques and spatial limitations call for lightweight construction. The design of these components is now increasingly being influenced by the need to consider them from an fatigue strength standpoint. A new testing concept which aims at providing evidence of fatigue strength is introduced here, taking commercial vehicle clutch disks as an example, and touching upon the areas of analysis and evaluation of the load collective characteristic and of control systems for servo-hydraulic test rigs.
|Technical Paper||Volvo Heavy Truck Transmission Design and Development|
|Book||5th AVL International Commercial Powertrain Conference Proceedings (2009)|
|Technical Paper||G. K. N. - S. R. M. Automatic Transmission for Trucks, Buses and Off-Highway Vehicles|
CitationSteinel, K., "Investigating the Fatique Strength of Commercial-Vehicle Clutches," SAE Technical Paper 973117, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/973117.
- Westermann-Friedrich, A. Zenner, H. Feb. 1988 1988
- Kötzle, H. Oelmann, B. 1990 82 95
- Zenner, H. Jung, L. 1990
- Kücükay, F. Pfau, W. 91 1989 7 8
- Vöhringer, K.-D. Geißler, H. Müller, W. 1995 1995
- Wolf, J.-U. 1988
- Best, R. Klätschke, H. 1996 1996
- Krüger, W. Scheutzow, M. Beste, A. Petersen, J. 1985
- Petersen, J. Krüger, W. 1986 1986
- Haibach, E. 1989
- Buxbaum, O. 1992
- Labes, K. Miehe, B.-O. Stolze, F.-J. Jacoby, G. 97 1995 5
- Müller, A Grubisic, V. Buxbaum, O. 1993