This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Prediction of Exhaust Gas Temperature at the Inlet of an Underbody Catalytic Converter During FTP-75 Test
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A computer code named ESTAP (Exhaust System Thermal Analysis Program), capable of running in IBM-PC compatibles, was developed to reduce the time and cost of exhaust system optimization. ESTAP solves one-dimensional transient heat transfer problems of exhaust systems. It can predict the surface temperature of exhaust pipes and the exhaust gas temperature at the inlet of an underbody catalytic converter during the first 200 seconds of FTP-75 test. Results showed that the exhaust gas temperature can be accurately predicted, and ESTAP is an effective tool to optimize exhaust systems.
CitationCho, Y., Kim, C., Kim, D., Lee, J. et al., "Prediction of Exhaust Gas Temperature at the Inlet of an Underbody Catalytic Converter During FTP-75 Test," SAE Technical Paper 972913, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/972913.
- Germidis et. al. “Thermal Measurements Inside a Three-Way Catalytic Converter on Engine Bench” SAE Paper No. 930624 1993
- Ball J. “Distribution of Warm-Up and Underfloor Catalyst Volumes” SAE Paper No. 922338 1992
- Laurikko “Optimizing Three-Way Catalyst Emission Control System for Low Ambient Temperature Operations” SAE Paper No. 920012 1992
- Moore R. Mondt J. R. “Predicted Cold Start Emission Reductions Resulting from Exhaust Thermal Energy Conservation to Quicken Catalytic Converter Lightoff” SAE Paper No. 931087 1993
- Summers C. et. al. “Use of Light-Off Catalysts to Meet the California LEV/ULEV Standards” SAE Paper No. 930386 1993
- Hadded O. et. al. “The Achivement of ULEV Emission Standards for Large High Performance Vehicles” SAE Paper No. 930389 1993
- Robertson F. “A Study of Thermal Energy Conservation in Exhaust Pipes” SAE Paper No. 790307 1979
- Chen K. S. “A Numerical Model for Thermal Problems in Exhaust Systems” SAE Paper No. 931070 1993
- Holman P. Heat Transfer 4th McGraw-Hill 1976
- Sonntag E. Van Wylen G. J. Introduction to Thermodynamics - Classical and Statistical 3rd John Wiley & Sons 1991
- Kreith Bohn M. S. Principles of Heat Transfer 4th Harper and Row 1986