This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Three Dimensional Visualization for Calculated Distributions of Diesel Spray and Flame in the Combustion Chamber of a D.I. Diesel Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Three-Dimensional visualization technique based on volume rendering method has been developed in order to translate a calculated result of diesel combustion simulation into an realistically spray and flame image. This paper presents an overview of diesel combustion model which has been developed at Hiroshima University, a description of the three-dimensional visualization technique, and some examples of spray and flame image generated by this visualization technique.
|Technical Paper||Three-Dimensional Spray Distributions in a Direct Injection Diesel Engine|
|Technical Paper||Investigation of Mixture Formation Process in a HDDI Diesel Engine by CFD and Imaging Technique|
CitationImanishi, H., Yoshizaki, T., Satoh, T., Nishida, K. et al., "Three Dimensional Visualization for Calculated Distributions of Diesel Spray and Flame in the Combustion Chamber of a D.I. Diesel Engine," SAE Technical Paper 972867, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/972867.
- Hiroyasu, H. Kadota, T. “Models for Combustion and Formation of Nitric Oxide and Soot in Direct Injection Diesel Engines” SAE Trans 1976 Paper No. 760129 .
- Hiroyasu, H. et. Al. “Development and Use of a Spray Combustion Modeling to Predict Diesel Engine Efficiency and Pollutant Emissions (Part 1)” Bulletin of the JSME 26 214 569 575 1983
- Hiroyasu, H. et. Al. “Development and Use of a Spray Combustion Modeling to Predict Diesel Engine Efficiency and Pollutant Emissions (Part 2)” Bulletin of the JSME 26 214 576 583 1983
- Hiroyasu, H. et. Al. “Development and Use of a Spray Combustion Modeling to Predict Diesel Engine Efficiency and Pollutant Emissions (Part 3)” Bulletin of the JSME 26 214 584 591 1983
- Yoshizalki, T. et al. “Approach to Low NOx and Smoke Emission Engines by Using Phenomenological Simulation” SAE Paper No. 930612
- Yoshizaki, T. et al. “Experiments and Modeling of the Spray Distribution in the Combustion Chamber of a Direct Injection Diesel Engine” SAE Paper No. 961820
- Chae, J. O. et al. “Modeling the Effects of Split Injection Scheme on Soot and NO Emissions of Direct injection Diesel Engines by a Phenomenological Combustion Model” SAE Paper No. 962062
- Kawashima, J. Matsui, Y. “Improvement of Diesel Combustion and Emissions Calculations Using a Fuel-Spray Package Model” Trans. of the JSAE 25 2 41 47 1994
- Feola, M. et al. “Optimization of Injection Law for Direct Injection Diesel Engine” Trans. of the ASME, J. of Eng. For Gasturbine and Power 114 544 552 1992
- Kuo, T. W. “Evaluation of a Phenomenological Spray-Combustion Model for Two Open Chamber Diesel Engines” SAE Paper No. 872057
- Kaneda, K. et al. “Fast Volume Rendering with Adjustable Color Maps” Proc. Of 1996 Symp. On Volume Visualization San Francisco 7 14 1996
- Lacroute, P. Levoy, M. “Fast Volume Rendering Using a Shear-Wrap Factorization of the Viewing Transformation” Proc. Of Siggraph '94 451 458 1994
- Yagel, R. Kaufman, A. “Template-based Volume Viewing” In Eurographics 153 157 1992
- Laur, D. Hanrahan, P. “Hierarchical Splatting: A Progressive Refinement Algorithm for Volume Rendering” Computer Graphics 25 4 285 288 1991