This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Current and Advanced Design Concepts for High Power-Density Mid-Range Truck Diesel Engines Part I: Technology Review
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 06, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper follows an earlier one (Ref. 1) in reviewing the present technological status of Mid-Range Truck 300/400 Series diesel engines, with emphasis on new engines and concepts presented after 1994. The elements that affect the combustion process (valve train, combustion, fuel and air-charging systems) are discussed. New head designs are proposed, including some with radial valves. Part II discusses the tools used in modern engine analysis.
CitationRegueiro, J. and Chen, S., "Current and Advanced Design Concepts for High Power-Density Mid-Range Truck Diesel Engines Part I: Technology Review," SAE Technical Paper 972688, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/972688.
- Chen S. K. Regueiro J. F. “Advanced Cylinder Head, Valve Train, Combustion and Fuel Systems for High Power-Density Truck Diesel Engines” SAE Paper 962198
- Brezonic M. “Big Changes for Cummins' B Series” Diesel Progress May 1997
- “B” Series 210 Marketing Bulletin Number 3885061 (Rev. 10/91)
- Endo S. Adachi Y. Ihara Y. Terasawa M. Suenaga K. “Development of J-Series Engine and Adoption of Common-Rail Fuel Injection System” SAE Paper 970818
- “The New Diesel Engines from DDC and MTU” A supplement to Gas and Diesel Turbine Progress Magazine January 1997
- Minegishi H. Matsushita H Sakakida M. Kolke T. “Development of a Small Mixed-Flow Turbine for Automotive Turbochargers” ASME Paper 95-GT-53 1995 ASME Int'l Gas Turbine and Aeroengine Congress and Exposition
- Endo S. Nakagawa H. Fujii T. Sato A. “State-of-the-Art; High Boosted Diesel Engine” SAE Paper 931867
- Ruchford Keith Mr. Allied Signal Inc.
- Herrmann R. “S.E.M.T. Pielstick PA6 STC. Principles and Benefits of Sequential Turbocharging”
- Schittler M. Bergmann H. Flatmann K. “The New Mercedes-Benz OM 904LA Light Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine for Class 6 Trucks” SAE Paper 960057
- Chen S. K. Chen S. X. Suder T. Wong H. C. “Modelling of Advanced Electronic-Hydraulic Fuel Injection Systems: Part II. Validation and Application” ASME Technical Paper ICE-Vol 25-2
- Regueiro J. F. Kosina V. K. “ROTULAR TAPPET™ Valve Trains for Hemispherical Combustion Chambers” SAE Paper 960058