This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Wavelet Transform Analysis of Measurements of Engine Combustion Noise
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 20, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Wavelet transform analysis is capable of revealing aspects of data that other techniques miss such aspects are trends, and discontinuities in higher derivates. This method can often compress or de-noise a signal without any appreciable degradation and it provides accurate information on the localization of energy content in time and frequency . The Wavelet transform method has been applied to the analysis of combustion noise and piston slap in order to identify the effects on the engine structure vibration. The experimental results showed that combustion noise and piston slap were successfully detected from the acceleration signals picked up by external transducers in the outer wall of an in-line, 6 cylinder diesel engine.
|Technical Paper||New Methods of Evaluating and Improving Piston Related Noise in Internal Combustion Engines|
|Technical Paper||Development of a Model for Piston Slap Noise Prediction in Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines|
CitationVillarroel, G. and Ågren, A., "Wavelet Transform Analysis of Measurements of Engine Combustion Noise," SAE Technical Paper 972003, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/972003.
- Vetterli, M. Kovacevic, J “Wavelets and Subband Coding” Prentice Hall PTR Englewood Cliffs 1995
- Chui, C., K. “Wavelets - A Tutorial in Theory and Applications” Academic Press Inc 1992
- Haddad, S. Watson, N. “Design and Applications in diesel Engineering” Ellis Horwood Limited 1984
- Önsay, T. Haddow, A “Wavelet Transform of Transient Wave Propagation in a Dispersive Medium” J. Acoustics Soc. 1994
- Önsay, T. “The Use of Wavelets Transform and Frames in NVH Applications” Michigan State University
- Kim, Y. Rizzoni, G. Samimy, B. Wang, Y. “Analysis and Processing of Shaft Angular Velocity Signals in Rotating Machinery for Diagnostic Applications” IEEE 1995
- Kanda, H. Okubo, M. Yonezawa T. “Analysis of Noise Source and Their Transfer Paths in Diesel Engine” SAE paper 900014 1990
- Vidakovic, B. Muller, P “Wavelets for Kids-A Tutorial Introduction” Duke University
- Strang G. Nguyen, T. “Wavelets and Filters Banks” Wellesley - Cambrige Press
- Kikuchi, H. Nakashizuka, M. Watanabe, H. Watanabe, S. “Fast Wavelet Transform and Its Application to Detecting Detonation” Journal IEICE 1992.