This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
H∞ Control Design of Experimental State-Space Modeling for Vehicle Vibration Suppression
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 20, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
State-space solutions of H∞ controller have been well developed. Hence to a real structure control design, the first step is to get a state space model of the structure. There are analytical and experimental dynamic modeling methods. As we know, it is hard to obtain an accurate model for a flexible and complex structure by FEM(Finite Element Method). Then the experimental modeling methods are used. In this paper, we use frequency domain modal analysis technique based on system FRF(Frequency Response Function) data and ERA(Eigensystem Realization Algorithm) time domain method based on system impulse response data to establish state-space model in order to design H∞ control law for the purpose of vibration suppression. The robust control implementation is exerted on a testbed (truck cab model device) with three degrees of freedom. The validity of experimental state-space modeling is testified and the obvious vibration control performances are achieved.
CitationGuo, Z., Kajiwara, I., Nagamatsu, A., and Sonehara, T., "H∞ Control Design of Experimental State-Space Modeling for Vehicle Vibration Suppression," SAE Technical Paper 971949, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/971949.
- Reichert R. T. “ H ∞ Control Theory for Missile Autopilots” AIAA Guidance Navigation and Control Conference 1989
- Dosch Jeffrey Leo Dodald Inman Daniel “Modeling and Control for Vibration Suppression of a flexible Active Structure” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics 18 2 1995 340 346
- Crassidis John L. Mook D. Joseph “Robust Identification and Vibration Suppression of a Flexible Structure” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics 17 5 1994 921 928
- Juang Jer-Nan Pappa Richard S. “An Eigensystem Realization Algorithm for Modal Parameter Identification and Model Reduction” Journal of guidance, Control, and Dynamics 8 5 1985 620 627
- Juang Jer-Nan Suzuki H. “An Eigensystem Realization Algorithm in Frequency Domain for Modal Parameter Identification” Journal of Vibration, Acoustics, Stress and Reliability in Design 110 1 Jan. 1988 24 29
- Juang Jer-Nan Cooper J. E. Wright J. R. “An Eigensystem Realization Algorithm Using Data Correlations(ERA/DC) for Modal Parameter Identification” Journal of Control Theory and Advanced Technology 4 1 March 1988 5 14
- Quan Ralph “System Identification Using Frequency Scanning and the Eigensystem Realization Algorithm” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics 17 4 1994 670 675
- Juang Jer-Nan Pappa Richard S. “Effect of Noise on Modal Parameter Identification by the Eigensystem Realization Algorithm” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics 9 3 1986 294 303
- Juang Jer-Nan Lew Jiann-Shiun “Integration of System Identification and Robust Controller Designs for Flexible Structures in Space” AIAA Guidance Navigation and Control Conference 1990
- Balas Gary J. Doyle John C. “Robustness and Performance tradeoffs in Control Design for Flexible Structures” ZEEE, Proceedings of the 29th Conference on Decision and Control Honolulu, Hawaii Dec. 1990
- Lundstrom Petter Skogestad Sigurd Wang Zi-Qin “Uncertainty Weight Selection for H ∞ and μ Control methods” ZEEE, Proceedings of the 30th Conference on Decision and Control Brighton, England Dec. 1991
- Bible John E. Malyevac D. Stephen “Guideline for the Selection of Weighting Functions for H ∞ Control” NSWCDD/MP-92/43.
- Zhou Kemin Doyle Jhon Glover Keith Robust and Optimal Control Prentice-Hall Inc. Englewood Cliffs, NJ 1996