This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Method for Simulation of GD&T Specifications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A method is proposed for simulating the effects of dimensional variation from geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) specifications. The method converts GD&T specifications into equivalent covariance matrices which are needed in the statistical simulation of random processes. Examples are given to show how the method can be implemented.
CitationOh, P. and Hsieh, C., "A Method for Simulation of GD&T Specifications," SAE Technical Paper 971541, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/971541.
- American National Standard ANSI Y14.5M-1982 Dimensioning and Tolerancing American Society of Mechanical Engineers New York City American National Standards Institute New York City
- Foster, L.W. Geo-Metrics III: The Application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Addison-Wesley Company Reading, Massachusetts 1993
- Hsieh, C.C. Oh, K.P. “MARS: A Computer Based M ethod for A chieving R obust S ystems” FISITA Conf. London 1992
- VSM/PC Users Guide EDS Corporation 1991
- Dong, J. Shi Y. “Variational Geometry-based Tolerance Synthesis and Analysis” Advanced Tolerancing Technique Zhang John & Wiley 1996
- Hasofer, A.H. Lind, N.C “Exact and Invariant Second-Moment Code Format” Journal of The Engineering Mechanics Division ASCE 100 EM1 111 121 1974
- Hsieh, C.C. Oh, K.P. “A Framework for Modeling Variation in Vehicle Assembly Processes” IMECE96 Annual Meeting Atlanta, Georgia Nov. 1996
- Bendat, J.S. Piersol, A.G. Random Data: Analysis and Measurement Procedures University of California Los Angeles 1971