This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Heat Sink Options for a More Electric Aircraft Thermal Management System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 18, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The concept of a more electric aircraft has revolutionized the way aircraft and subsystems are being built. New components are also proving to be more efficient, resulting in the possibility of changing the way systems are cooled. Before these new concepts will be utilized, they must be evaluated to determine system level impacts. To aid in these evaluations, an engine model is developed, traditional cooling schemes system level impacts calculated, a boundary layer heat sink proposed, and several new technologies proposed for evaluation.
|Technical Paper||Thermal Issues of an Integrated Subsystem|
|Technical Paper||A Thermal Management Concept for More Electric Aircraft Power System Applications|
|Technical Paper||Integrated Aircraft Thermal Management and Power Generation|
CitationBeam, J., "Heat Sink Options for a More Electric Aircraft Thermal Management System," SAE Technical Paper 971244, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/971244.
- Chen W.Z. Hill B.P. Brown J.R. “Evaluation of Cooling and Packaging Approaches for MEA Motor Controllers” SAE 961326, Aerospace Atlantic Conference Dayton, OH May 1996
- Mattingly J.D. Heiser W.H. “Improvements in Teaching Aircraft Engine Design” AIAA 92-3758, 28 th Joint Propulsion Conference Nashville, TN July 1992
- SAE Aerospace Applied Thermodynamics Manual “Characteristics of Equipment Components, Equipment Cooling System Design, and Temperature Control System Design” 1994
- Theodorsen T. Clay W.C. “Ice Prevention on Aircraft by Means of Engine Exhaust Heat and a Technical Study of Heat Transmission From a Clark Y Airfoil” National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics Report No. 403 1931
- Hassami A. Dyson E. “Performance Characteristics of High-Power Electronic Equipment Onboard an Aircraft” AIAA 97-0596, 35 th Aerospace Sciences Meeting Reno, NV January 1997