This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
1997 GM 5.7 LITER LS1 V8 ENGINE
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 24, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
General Motors Powertrain Group (GMPTG) has developed an all new small block V8 engine, designated LS1, for introduction into the 1997 Corvette. This engine was designed to meet both customer requirements and competitive challenges while also meeting the ever increasing legislated requirements of emissions
and fuel economy. This 5.7L V8 provides increased power and torque while delivering higher fuel economy. In addition, improvements in both QRD and NVH characteristics were made while meeting packaging constraints and achieving significant mass reductions.
- Richard W. Amann - General Motors Corporation
- Mark A. Damico - General Motors Corporation
- Brian Green - General Motors Corporation
- Charles J. Hahn - General Motors Corporation
- Ameer Haider - General Motors Corporation
- John W. Juriga - General Motors Corporation
- Creighton A. Mantey - General Motors Corporation
CitationAmann, R., Damico, M., Green, B., Hahn, C. et al., "1997 GM 5.7 LITER LS1 V8 ENGINE," SAE Technical Paper 970915, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/970915.
- Bogden, Dennis M. Poirer David C. Automotive Embedded Systems Engineering Design Using Computer Based Tools and Approaches Warrendale SAE International 1996
- Kaminski, Brian et al. Bearing Cap for an Internal Combustion Engine General Motors Corporation April 23 1996
- Mantey, Creighton A. Oldani John P. 1996 GM 7.4 Liter Engine Upgrade Warrendale SAE International 1996
- McNeil, Scott W. Injector Spray Preparation and Wall Wetting in a 5.7L V8 2-Valve Gasoline Spark Ignition Engine Warrendale SAE International 1997
- Sanders, R.F. The New Chevrolet V-8 Engine 441 New York Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. 1955