This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Steer Dynamics in Road Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 24, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper discusses steer related issues in passenger car suspensions. It provides background and data showing steer response during a variety of road maneuvers and events. It then discusses how these issues relate to the design and performance of multiaxial road simulators that are used for suspension development in the laboratory. Finally it shows examples of steer response data from operating test systems.
|Technical Paper||Traffic Flow Stabilization|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Road Load Measurement and Dynamometer Simulation Using Coastdown Techniques|
CitationHaeg, S., "Steer Dynamics in Road Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 970381, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/970381.
- Glossary of Automotive Terms Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA. 1988
- Norbye Jan P. The Car and Its Wheels - a guide to modern suspension systems Tab Books Inc. Blue Ridge Summit, PA. 1980
- Newton K. Steeds W. Garrett T.K. The Motor Vehicle Butterworths London 1983
- Ellis J.R. Road Vehicle Dynamics John R. Ellis Inc. Akron, OH. 1988
- Bastow Donald Car Suspension and Handling Pentech Press London 1987
- Clark Samuel K. Mechanics of Pneumatic Tires (DOT HS 805 952) U.S. Department of Transportation, NHTSA Washington, DC 1981
- Goodsell Don Dictionary of Automotive Engineering Second Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA 1995
- Reimpell J Stoll H The Automotive Chassis: Engineering Principles Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA 1996
- Daniels Jeffrey Handling and Roadholding Motor Racing Publications Croydon, England 1988
- A Factbook of the Mechanical Properties of the Components for Single Unit and Articulated Heavy Trucks U.S. Department of Transportation Washington, DC 1986