This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Investigation of Design Parameters Influencing on On-Center Handling Using AUTOSIM
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 24, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The chracteristics of a steering system, such as steering stiffness, power steering assisting force, gear ratio and friction, have been known as an influencing factor on the vehicle handling. Especially, the driver's feeling during straight running, so called on-maneuver feel, is of interest to investigate the steering effects on the handling qualities. This paper introduces a steering system modelling using the multi-body simulation program AUTOSIM.
CitationKim, H., "The Investigation of Design Parameters Influencing on On-Center Handling Using AUTOSIM," SAE Technical Paper 970102, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/970102.
- Norman Kenneth D. ‘Objective Evaluation of On-Center Handling Performance’ SAE 840069
- Somerville J Et al. ‘Improvement in the Quantification of On-Center Handling Quality’ SAE Paper 930827
- Sato Hirofumi et al. ‘Experimental Analysis of Steering Response Characteristics and Steering Feeling’ Automotive Technology(Japan) 44 3 1990
- Shimomura H. et al. ‘Simulation analysis of the influence of vehicle specifications upon steering characteristics’ Int.J. of Vehicle Design 12 2 1991
- Ellis J.R. ‘Ride and Handling Commercial Vehicles’ Lecture notes of CIT 1982
- Savers M.W. ‘AUTOSIM Reference Manual Version-2.0’ 1993
- Abe M. ‘The motion and control of vehicle’
- thomson William T. ‘theory of vibration with applications ’ 4th Chapman & Hall London 1993
- Nagiri Sueharu JSAE 9430112 1993