This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of the Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor With Wide Temperature Range and Rapid Response - Application as a Sensor for Obd-Ii in the Emission Control System
Published October 22, 1996 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: Autumn Conference
An exhaust gas temperature sensor using thermistor material was developed to achieve a wide temperature band and rapid responsiveness. A new material development and a unique and compact structure design for good heat conduction enabled wide range temperature detection from 300°C to 1000°C and a small heat time constant of τ8.7 seconds. This sensor can be used in new emission control systems such as heated catalyst systems and catalyst efficiency monitoring systems.
- Takashi Tamai - Matsushita Electronic Components Co., Ltd.
- Nobuharu Katsuki - Matsushita Electronic Components Co., Ltd.
- Masahiro Saito - Matsushita Electronic Components Co., Ltd.
- Tsuyoshi Tanaka - Matsushita Electronic Components Co., Ltd.
- Katsunori Matsubara - Matsushita Electronic Components Co., Ltd.