This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Vertiport as an Urban Design Problem
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1996 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper explores the urban design problem that the Vertiport poses for integration into the urban fabric and transportation systems. It discusses the complex challenges of site selection, intermodalism, and community acceptance. The paper presents a generic design prototype of a Vertiport for urban harbors as a solution for the land use, site selection, and community acceptance issues.
CitationCohen, M., "The Vertiport as an Urban Design Problem," SAE Technical Paper 965523, 1996, https://doi.org/10.4271/965523.
- Civil Tiltrotor Development Advisory Committee - CTRDAC 1995 December Report to Congress. Vol. 1. Final Report Washington DC Department of Transportation
- Civil Tiltrotor Development Advisory Committee - CTRDAC 1995 December Report to Congress. Vol. 2. Technical Supplement Washington DC Department of Transportation
- Federal Aviation Administration 1991 Vertiports Advisory Circular AC 150/5390-3 Washington DC FAA
- Flight Transportation Associates, Inc. 1992 January Feasibility of Manhattan Sites for Civil Tiltrotor Service New York: Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Grazer, Alfred J. 1995 July 17 1995 2. D-35 D-36
- Horonjeff, Robert McKelvey, Francis X. 1994 Planning and Design of Airports New York McGraw-Hill, Inc.
- Peisen, Deborah Ferguson, Sam 1996 October 22 Vertiport Design Characteristics for Advanced Rotorcraft Technology SAE 965521 Warrendale, PA Society of Automotive Engineers
- Wilding, James A. 1995 Oct. 23 “Comments on the Civil Tiltrotor Economic Report,” CTRDAC 1995 D-37 D-41