This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Model Verification of the Evaporating Diesel Spray Distribution in the Combustion Chamber of a D.I. Diesel Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1996 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Evaporating diesel spray distributions in the combustion chamber of a direct injection diesel engine were calculated using a phenomenological simulation model, and the calculated results were described three dimensionally using a 3-D volume rendering application which has been developed by the authors. The evaporating diesel spray distributions in the combustion chamber were measured using a technique based on the extinction of ultraviolet (wavelength of 280nm) and visible (wavelength of 560nm) laser lights. The measured results were compared with the predicted spray distributions in order to verify the simulation model. The calculated results show reasonably good agreement with the experimental results, and the validity of this spray model as a practical computational tool for estimating diesel spray behavior is confirmed by this comparison.
CitationYoshizaki, T., Yuzaki, K., Hiroyasu, H., Yamashita, H. et al., "Model Verification of the Evaporating Diesel Spray Distribution in the Combustion Chamber of a D.I. Diesel Engine," SAE Technical Paper 962054, 1996, https://doi.org/10.4271/962054.
- Suzuki, M. Nishida, K. Hiroyasu, H. “Simultaneous Concentration Measurement of Vapor and Liquid in an Evaporating Diesel Spray” SAE Paper No. 930863
- Yoshizaki, T. Nishida, K. Hiroyasu, H. “Approarch to Low NOx and Smoke Emission Engines by Using a Phenomenological Simulation” SAE Paper No. 930612
- Yoshizaki, T. Nishida, K. Hiroyasu, H. Song, K. “Three-Dimensional Spray Distributions in a Direct Injection Diesel Engine” SAE Paper No. 941693
- Minami, T. Yamaguchi, I. Shintani, M. Tsujimura, K. Suzuki T. “Analysis of Spray Characteristics and Combustion Phenomena under High Pressure Fuel Injection” SAE Trans. 99 Paper No. 900438
- Suzuki, M. Nishida, K. Hiroyasu, H. “Trajectory and Dispersion of Vapor and Drop Clouds in Evaporating Diesel Spray Injected into Model Combustion Chamber” Proceedings of the 3rd International Congress on Optical Sizing Yokohama 363 370 1993
- Hiroyasu, H. Arai, M. “Penetration and Spray Angle of Diesel Sprays” Trans. SAE Japan 21 1980 5
- Arai, M. Tabata, M. Hiroyasu, H. Shimizu, M. “Disintegrating Process and Spray Characterization of Fuel Jet Injected by a Diesel Nozzle” SAE Paper No. 840275 1984
- Hiroyasu, H. Arai, M. et al. “Empirical Equations for the Sauter Mean Diameter of a Diesel Spray” SAE paper No. 890464
- Sabella, P. “A Rendering Algorithm for Visualizing 3D Scalar Field” Computer Graphics 22 4 65 74 1988