This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Laboratory Test of the Hydrostatic Energy Storage Transmission System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 01, 1996 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A Hydrostatic Energy Storage Transmission System(HESTS) designed for vehicle is presented in this paper*. A bench-scale HESTS was built in the Fluid Power and Control Laboratory of Harbin Institute of Technology. The laboratory testing HESTS was powered by a DC. motor which was controlled by a Silicon-Controlled Rectifier(SCR). Loads adding to the HESTS were regulated by a proportional valve control system.
The HESTS is more complex because there are not only continuous variables-the shaft speed of the hydraulic axial piston variable displacement pump/motor unit and the position of the displacement-varying cylinder, but also discrete variables-the on/off states of clutch, 2/2 solenoid valve and 2/4 solenoid valve in the HESTS to be controlled. So a fuzzy logic controller with a mode selector is designed to perform the role of control to the HESTS. A personal computer stored control rules executes the tasks of data acquisition, fuzzy logic inference and control. Experimental results show that the HESTS had high efficiency and the control strategy was effective.
CitationWang, H. and Wu, P., "Design and Laboratory Test of the Hydrostatic Energy Storage Transmission System," SAE Technical Paper 961771, 1996, https://doi.org/10.4271/961771.
- Guan Zhongfan Fluid Power Transmission System (in Chinese) Machinery Industry Beijing 1990
- Bian Yaogang “Some Problems of Developing Hydraulic Drive” Hydraulics & Pneumatics 1983 3 2 3
- Wu Peirong Luo Nianzhu Fronzak F.J. Beachley N.H. “Fuel Energy and Operating Characteristics of a Hydropneumatic Energy Storage Automobile” SAE Paper 851678
- Beachley Norman H. “Comparison of Accumulator and Flywheel Energy Storage for Motor Vehicle Applications” Proceeding of the 20th Intersociety Energy Conversion Engineering Conference Aug. 1985
- Wang Huiyi Wu Peirong Wu Guangqiang “Power Flow Analysis and Control Design of a Vehicular Hydraulic Energystorage Transmission System” SAE Paper 952135
- Wu Peirong Computer Control of Dynamic System(in Chinese) Harbin Institute of Technology Harbin 1991