This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study of Tire Model Consisting of Theoretical and Experimental Equations for Vehicle Dynamics Analysis - Part 2: Under the Condition of Various Velocity on the Asphaltic Road Surface
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1996 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
As the progress is made in vehicle dynamics analysis, tire models for vehicle dynamics analysis that are broadly applicable have been increasingly sought. Therefore, following the previous paper, the method to formulate a tire model consisting of theoretical and experimental equations, that represents, with high accuracy, the experimental characteristics of a tire, based on relatively simple theoretical equations - by obtaining the coefficients through experiments and further adding to them appropriate collections - is investigated in this paper.
In the previous paper, the procedure to formulate a model that shows the changes in lateral force, driving-braking force and aligning moment, generated on a tire running at a constant velocity, due to slip angle, slip ratio, camber angle and load was presented. However, the change due to velocity was not taken into consideration. Therefore, the model in the previous paper is further developed into the one that also shows the change due to velocity, to a certain degree at the expense of accuracy, and thus the tire model representing the characteristics of a tire running on the asphaltic road surface with various velocity is formulated, and is reported in this paper.
CitationAraki, K., Sakai, H., and Yanase, M., "Study of Tire Model Consisting of Theoretical and Experimental Equations for Vehicle Dynamics Analysis - Part 2: Under the Condition of Various Velocity on the Asphaltic Road Surface," SAE Technical Paper 960996, 1996, https://doi.org/10.4271/960996.
- Araki K. Sakai H. Yanase M. Study of Tire Model Consisting of Theoretical and Experimental Equations for Vehicle Dynamic Analysis, Part 1: Under the Condition of Constant Velocity SAE 932884 1993
- Sakai H. Theoretical Study of the Effects of Tractive and Braking Forces on Cornering Characteristics of Tires J. of JSAE 23 10 1969
- Sakai H. Theoretical and Experimental Studies on the Dynamic Properties of Tires Ins. of J. of Vehicle Design 2 1 4 1981
- Sakai H. Tire Engineering Grand Prix Publications 1991
- Sakai H. Study on Cornering Properties of Tire and Vehicle Tire Science and Technology 18 3 July-Sept 1990