This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Moving Toward Worldwide Standardization of Environmental and Reliability Testing Practices for Automotive Electrical and Electronic Equipment SAE Reliability Standards Committee Objective No. 3 Environmental Factors Subcommittee
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1996 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Globalization of the automotive industry is having significant impact on testing of electrical and electronic equipment. Organizations that previously operated in single-customer, local and national environments are now involved in joint ventures, worldwide engineering programs and/or multiple-customer contracts. Reconciliation of differences in test requirements between all concerned parties is a tedious task which unfortunately can end in the specification of redundant, insufficient and/or inappropriate testing.
To address this issue the SAE Reliability Standards Committee has established Objective No. 3. This objective includes the development of three SAE Recommended Practices designed to facilitate harmonization of environmental and reliability testing practices worldwide.
|Aerospace Standard||A Process for Utilizing Aerospace Propulsion Health Management Systems for Maintenance Credit|
|Technical Paper||Standardized Techniques for the Selection of Hi-Rel Microelectronics|
CitationStein, J., Hu, J., Dougherty, D., Wowchuk, G. et al., "Moving Toward Worldwide Standardization of Environmental and Reliability Testing Practices for Automotive Electrical and Electronic Equipment SAE Reliability Standards Committee Objective No. 3 Environmental Factors Subcommittee," SAE Technical Paper 960976, 1996, https://doi.org/10.4271/960976.
SAE 1996 Transactions - Journal of Passenger Cars
Number: V105-6; Published: 1997-09-15
Number: V105-6; Published: 1997-09-15
- May 15 16 1995 Meeting Minutes Reliability Standards Committee SAE International, Inc. Troy, MI.
- General Qualification and Production Acceptance Criteria for Integrated Circuits in Automotive Applications SAE Recommended Practice J1879 1992 SAE Automotive Engineering Handbook Philadelphia 2 20.306 20:311 1992
- Toshiba Semiconductor Reliability Handbook Toshiba Corporation Tokyo 175 176 1993
- Plastic Encapsulated Microelectronics: Materials, Processes, Quality, Reliability, and Applications John Wiley and Sons New York 2 1995
- General Rules of Environmental Testing Method for Automotive Electronic Equipment Japanese Automobile Standard JASO D001-87 Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Inc. 1987
- International Elecrotechnical Commission Standards Publication IEC 68-4: Basic Environmental Testing Procedures Bureau Central de la Commission Electrotechnique Internationale Geneva 1987
- Final Report on Research Project No. 302 Phase I: Testing of Electronic Systems in Motor Vehicles Bonn 1988
- 1994 Catalogue of IEC Publications: World Standards for Electrical and Electronic Engineering Bureau Central de la Commission Electrotechnique Internationale Geneva 1994
- SAE Electronic Systems Committee “Recommended Environmental Practices for Electronic Equipment.” SAE International Recommended J1211 1992 Automotive Engineers Handbook 2 20.159 20.175 1993
- International Elecrotechnical Commission Standards Publications IEC 68-2-2 through IEC 68-2-55: Basic Environmental Testing Procedures Bureau Central de la Commission Electrotechnique Internationale Geneva 1987
- International Elecrotechnical Commission Standards Publications IEC 529: Degrees of Protection Provided by Enclosures Bureau Central de la Commission Electrotechnique Internationale Geneva 1989
- Japanese Industrial Standards JIS C0912-84, C5028-75, D0103-75, D0203-76, D0207-77 and D1601-91: Methods and Procedures for Testing Automobile Parts Japanese Standards Association Tokyo 1975 1991
- Environmental Test Methods and Engineering Guidelines United States Department of Defense 1989
- Test Methods for Electronic and Electrical Parts United States Department of Defense 1989