This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
ACuZinc™ 5 Applications in the Auto Industry
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1996 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
ACuZinc™ 5, a GM-patented, high-performance ternary zinc-copper-aluminum alloy which is suitable for manufacturing net shape die castings, plays a vital role in the success of new automotive parts and systems. The new parts were designed to meet the auto industry's higher load and safety specifications. The superior mechanical properties of ACuZinc™ make it suitable for structural applications where commercial zinc die casting alloys have been found to be inadequate. From a business viewpoint, ACuZinc™ can help in penetrating new markets by competing for cast iron, powder metal and brass applications.
ACuZinc is a registered GM trademark.
|Technical Paper||Mechanical Property Behaviour of Rheocast 319 Alloys with and without Iron Additions|
|Technical Paper||The Design and Production of Light Metal Castings at Volkswagen|
CitationHanna, M., Johnson, J., Rashid, M., and Blake, T., "ACuZinc™ 5 Applications in the Auto Industry," SAE Technical Paper 960764, 1996, https://doi.org/10.4271/960764.
- Engineering Properties of Zinc Alloys Third International Lead Zinc Research Organization, Inc. North Carolina 1989
- Gervais E. Levert H. Bess M. L. “Development of a Family of Zinc Base Foundry Alloys,” Transactions of the American Foundrymen's Society 88 183 1980
- Rashid M. S. Hanna M. D. Feb. 5 1991 “Creep Resistant Die Cast Zinc Alloys.”
- Hanna M. D. Rashid M. S. “ACuZinc: Improved Zinc Alloys for Die Casting Applications,” Society of Automotive Engineers , Technical Paper 930788 Detroit. MI 1993
- Rashid M. S. Hanna M. D. “ACuZinc: Creep Resistant Zinc Die Casting Alloys,” 17th International Die Casting Conference , Paper no. T93-041 October 18-21 1993 Cleveland, OH
- Hanna M. D. Rashid M. S. “The Influence of Composition and Microstructure on the Strength of Zinc Alloys,” Recent Advances in Science, Technology and Applications of Zn-Al Alloys,” Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Zn-Al Alloys 95 Mexico City, Mexico March 29-30 1994
- Hanna M. D. Rashid M. S. “Elucidation of a Portion of the Zn-Cu-Al Phase Diagram,” Extended Abstracts, Proceedings of Symposium O. 1984 Fall Meeting of the Materials Research Society November 29-30 1984 Boston, MA
- Rashid M. S. Hanna M. D. “Relationships Between Microstructure, Lattice Parameters and Mechanical Properties of Zn-Cu Alloys,” Research and Development Publication No. 8166 May 15 1994 TMS Annual Meeting Las Vegas Feb. 12 1995