This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Oil Mist Collector Design for Today
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1996 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Seven mist collectors from six manufacturers have been tested in such a way that the collection efficiency of each component in each collector as well as the efficiency of the total collector were determined. This testing program gave the collector manufacturers information about the performance of their equipment and gave the machining industry the ability to design future collectors to meet its specific needs. This paper reviews the results of this testing program and discusses how the results obtained enable better collector design.
|Technical Paper||Project Management for Advanced Engineering Activities at Tenneco Automotive|
|Technical Paper||The Opportunity - Improving Aerospace Configuration Management|
|Technical Paper||High Field Speed Tractors, Why?|
CitationKramer, R. and Leith, D., "Oil Mist Collector Design for Today," SAE Technical Paper 960405, 1996, https://doi.org/10.4271/960405.
- Rayor, P.C. Leith D. “Evaporation of Polydisperse Multicomponent Oil Droplets,” Am. Ind. Hyg. Assoc. J. 1995
- McAneny, J.J. Leith D. Boundy M.G. “Volatilization of Mineral Oil Mist Collected on Sampling Filters,” Appl. Occup. Environ. Hyg. 10 9 783 787 1995
- Cooper, S.J. Rayor P.C. Leith D. “Evaporation of Mineral Oil in a Mist Collector,” Appl. Occup. Environ. Hyg. 1995
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists 1994-1995 Threshold Limit Values ACGIH Cincinnati, Ohio 1994
- Chan, T.L. D'Arcy J.B. Siak J. “Size Characteristics of Machining Fluid Aerosolsin an Industrial Metalworking Environment” Appl. Occup. Environ. Hyg. 5 162 170 1990
- Woskie, S.R. Smith T.J. Hallock M.F. Hammond S.K. Rosenthal F. Eisen E. A. Kriebel D. Greaves I.A. “Size-Selective Pulmonary Dose Indices for Metal-working Fluid Aerosols in Machining and Grindingoperations in the Automobile Manufacturing Industry” Am. Ind. Hyg. Assoc. J. 55 20 29 1994
- Okazaki, K. Wiener, R.W. Willeke, K. “The Combined Effect of Aspiration and Transmission on Aerosol Sampling Accuracy for Horizontal Isoaxial Sampling” Atmos. Environ., Environ. 21 1181 1185 1987
- Rayor, P.C. An Evaluation of Oil Mist Removal by a Filtration Collector MSEE Technical Report The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Department of Environmental Sciences and Engineering 1993