This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Fuel Delivery System Model
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1996 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A fuel delivery system hydraulic model has been developed by coupling a distributed hydraulic network model with lumped models for the various components of the fuel system like the injectors, regulators, accumulators, etc. The resulting governing equations are linearized around the nominal system pressure and integrated using a fourth order Runge-Kutta algorithm with a variable time-stepping scheme. The model assumes isothermal behavior, negligible frictional losses and single-phase flow. The goal of the model is to study small signal type perturbations around the operating system pressure. Typical outputs from exercising the model are presented.
The model can be used to study fuel pressure and velocity transients throughout the system and to design the various fuel system components in a system context.
|Technical Paper||Vapor-Handling Capacity of Automobile Fuel Systems|
|Technical Paper||Coordinated Control of Multi-Degree-of Freedom Fuel Systems|
|Technical Paper||Transient Spray Cone Angles in Pressure-Swirl Injector Sprays|
CitationRicci, G. and Verma, A., "Fuel Delivery System Model," SAE Technical Paper 960076, 1996, https://doi.org/10.4271/960076.
- Chen, J. L. Chen, Grant “Flow and Structural Analysis for Fuel Pressure Regulator Performance” Society of Automotive Engineers 950073
- Doeblin, Ernest, O. System Modeling and Response John Wiley & Sons
- Frid, A. “Fluid Vibration in Piping Systems - A Structural Mechanics Approach I and II” Journal of Sound and Vibration 133 3 September 1989 423 448
- Gibson, Dennis, H. “A Flexible Fuel Injection Simulation” Society of Automotive Engineers
- Press, William, H. Flannery, Brian, P. Teukolsky, Saul, A. Vetterling, William, T. Numerical Recipes in C Cambridge University Press 1988
- Wylie, E. B. Streeter, V. L. Fluid Transients FEB Press 1983