This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Dynamical Simulation and Structural Analysis of Light Vehicles Chassis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: 1995 SAE Brasil
The present paper shows some of the results obtained for service simulation and structural analysis of a small size vehicle with tubular structure. The results are presented after the successful use of the presented methodology in a practical case. All simulations in time domain were carried out by computer programs, which used terrain profiles compatible to the purpose of the vehicle. The dynamic loads obtained were applied to finite element models, allowing the evaluation of nominal stress concentration factors, necessary for reability evaluation. The proposed methodology showed to be quite effective, allow the evaluation of security factors in critical points and can be easily extended to general automotive structural elements.
|Technical Paper||Modal Analysis of a Tubular Structure Vehicle Chassis|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Chassis Dynamometer Simulation of Road Load Using Coastdown Techniques|
|Technical Paper||A New Tire Model for Vehicle NVH Analysis|
CitationCardoso, M. and Marczak, R., "Dynamical Simulation and Structural Analysis of Light Vehicles Chassis," SAE Technical Paper 952280, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/952280.
- Gillespe, Thomas D.; Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics, Society of Automotive Engineering, 1992.
- Dodds, C. J. e Robson, J. D.; The Description of Road Surface Roughness, Journal of Sound and Vibration 31, pp. 175-183, 1973.
- Rosa, E.; Aplicação de Confiabilidade no Projeto de Componentes Automotivos, Anais do VI SIMEA, vol. 1, pp. 673-689, São Paulo, 1991.
- Rosa, E., Marczak, R.J. e Luersen, M.A.; Método para Análise de Resistência de Peças Submetidas a Solicitações Aleatórias, Anais do VII SIMEA, pp. 333-342, São Paulo, 1993.
- Whitcomb, J.D., Woo, K.; Aplication of Iterative Global/Local Finit Element Analisys. Part 1: Linear Analisys, Comm. Num. Meth. Eng., vol. 9, pp. 745-756, 1993.
- Whitcomb, J.D., Woo, K.; Aplication of Iterative Global/Local Finit Element Analisys. Part 2: Geometrically Non-Linear Analisys, Comm. Num. Meth. Eng., vol. 9, pp. 757-766, 1993.
- Pereira, S.C., Marczak, R.J.; Shaskwat 150-FE: Simulação em Serviço / Suspensão, Relatório Interno, UFSC, 1989.
- Pereira, S.C., Marczak, R.J.; Shaskwat 150-FE: Análise de Resistência / Suspensão, Relatório Interno, UFSC, 1989.
- Craig, R.R.; Structural Dynamics, mcGraw-Hill, 1982
- Wang, T. L.; Shahawy, M. & Huang, D. Z.; Dynamic Response of Highway Trucks Due to Road Surface Roughness, Computers & Structures, 6, pp. 1055-1067, 1993.
- Patil, M.K. e Palanichamy, M. S.; A Mathematical Model of Tractor-Occupant System With a New Seat Suspension for Minimization of Vibration Response, Appl. Mathematical Modelling, 12, pp. 63-71, 1988.
- Wyatt, T. A. e May, H. I.; The Generation of Stochastic Load Functions to Simulate Wind Loading on Structures, Earthquake Eng. Struct. Dynamics, 1, pp. 217-224, 1973.
- El Madany, M. M. e Abduljabbar, Z.; Design Evaluation of Advanced Suspension Systems for Truck Ride Confort, omputers and Structures, 36, pp. 321-331, 1990.
- Karamihas, S. M. e Gillespie, T.; Methodology For Caracterizing The Road Damaging Dynamics of Truck Tamdem Suspensions, SAE BRASIL 93, paper 931693-E, São Paulo, 1993.
- Bourassa, P. e Massoud, M.; Terrain Profile and Off-Road Vehicle Behavior Simulation, Anais do V COBEM, Campinas, pp. C-127-C136, 1979.
- ANSYS 5.0 - User's Guide, Swanson Analysis Systems, 1991.
- Tutsim 6.55 - User's Manual, Meerman Automatizering, 1989.