This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
CAE Tools for Structural Acoustic Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A rectangular thin-walled box is used as a test problem for comparing the results obtained from finite element analysis (FEA), boundary element analysis (BEA), statistical energy analysis (SEA), and experimental measurement. The box structure is mechanically excited by a random point force generated by a vibration exciter. The structural acoustic coupling has been taken into account because there is a significant acoustical pressure load acting on structural surfaces of the box. Both structural and acoustic responses are investigated and good agreement is observed between the numerical and experimental results.
|Technical Paper||Acoustic Analysis of Vehicle Ribbed Floor|
|Technical Paper||Combining an Energy Boundary Element with an Energy Finite Element Analysis for Airborne Noise Simulations|
CitationLi, W. and Cho, P., "CAE Tools for Structural Acoustic Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 952117, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/952117.
- MSC/NASTRAN User's Manual The MacNeal-Schwendler Corporation 1991
- Chen, L.H. Schweikert, D.G. “Sound Radiation from an Arbitrary Body,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 35 1963
- Chertock, G. “Sound Radiation from Vibrating Surfaces,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 36 1964
- Seybert, A.F. Wu, T.W. Li, W.L. “Acoustic Prediction for Structural Radiation and Propagation in Automotive Application,” In Proc. the 1989 Noise and Vibration Conference Traverse City 1989
- Ciskowski, R.D. Brebbia, C.A. Boundary Element Methods in Acoustics Computational Mechanics Publications New York 1991
- SYSNOISE User's Manual NIT 1994
- Lyon, R. H. Statistical Energy Analysis of Dynamical Systems MIT Press Cambridge, MA 1975
- Tratch J. Jr, “Vibration Transmission through Machinery Foundation and Ship Bottom Structures,” Department of Mechanical Engineering MIT 1985
- Craik, R. J. “The Prediction of Sound Transmission through Buildings Using Statistical Energy Analysis,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 82 4 505 516 1982
- Dejong, R.G. “A Study of Vehicle Interior Noise using Statistical Energy Analysis,” SAE Paper No. 850960 1985
- Mariem, J.B. Hamdi, M.A. “A New Boundary Finite Element Method for Fluid-Structure Interaction Problems,” Int. J. Numer. Methods Eng. 24 1987
- Junger, M.C. Feit, D. Sound, Structures, and Their Interactions ASA 1993
- Beranek, L.L. Acoustics ASA 1993
- Fahy, F. Sound and Structural Vibration Academic Press 1989