This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
CAE Tools for Structural Acoustic Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A rectangular thin-walled box is used as a test problem for comparing the results obtained from finite element analysis (FEA), boundary element analysis (BEA), statistical energy analysis (SEA), and experimental measurement. The box structure is mechanically excited by a random point force generated by a vibration exciter. The structural acoustic coupling has been taken into account because there is a significant acoustical pressure load acting on structural surfaces of the box. Both structural and acoustic responses are investigated and good agreement is observed between the numerical and experimental results.
CitationLi, W. and Cho, P., "CAE Tools for Structural Acoustic Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 952117, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/952117.
- MSC/NASTRAN User's Manual The MacNeal-Schwendler Corporation 1991
- Chen, L.H. Schweikert, D.G. “Sound Radiation from an Arbitrary Body,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 35 1963
- Chertock, G. “Sound Radiation from Vibrating Surfaces,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 36 1964
- Seybert, A.F. Wu, T.W. Li, W.L. “Acoustic Prediction for Structural Radiation and Propagation in Automotive Application,” In Proc. the 1989 Noise and Vibration Conference Traverse City 1989
- Ciskowski, R.D. Brebbia, C.A. Boundary Element Methods in Acoustics Computational Mechanics Publications New York 1991
- SYSNOISE User's Manual NIT 1994
- Lyon, R. H. Statistical Energy Analysis of Dynamical Systems MIT Press Cambridge, MA 1975
- Tratch J. Jr, “Vibration Transmission through Machinery Foundation and Ship Bottom Structures,” Department of Mechanical Engineering MIT 1985
- Craik, R. J. “The Prediction of Sound Transmission through Buildings Using Statistical Energy Analysis,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 82 4 505 516 1982
- Dejong, R.G. “A Study of Vehicle Interior Noise using Statistical Energy Analysis,” SAE Paper No. 850960 1985
- Mariem, J.B. Hamdi, M.A. “A New Boundary Finite Element Method for Fluid-Structure Interaction Problems,” Int. J. Numer. Methods Eng. 24 1987
- Junger, M.C. Feit, D. Sound, Structures, and Their Interactions ASA 1993
- Beranek, L.L. Acoustics ASA 1993
- Fahy, F. Sound and Structural Vibration Academic Press 1989