This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Evaluation Method of Motorcycle Fatigue Strength Using Road Simulator
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Studies using a road simulator in an endurance testing have been developed in the field of automobiles and widely utilized in recent years.
In the endurance testing of motorcycles, on the other hand, the mainstream technique has been to repeat riding over cams on rotating drums. As it is impossible for this technique to accurately reproduce the loads encountered during driving on a rough road, it had to be made up in other tests so that improvement has been desired in both accuracy and efficiency.
A study was done on a technique to accelerate endurance testing while retaining correlation with loading caused by the irregularities of public road surfaces. The technique has enabled us to realize bench endurance testing having a high degree of correlation with the loading of riding public roads by the use of a road simulator for motorcycles, which activates a front axle in two directions, longitudinal and vertical.
The technique can be applied to all on-road motorcycles, thereby enhancing development efficiency.
|Technical Paper||SIMULATION OF A VEHICLE SUSPENSION WITH THE ADAMS COMPUTER PROGRAM|
|Technical Paper||A New Slip Controller to Reduce Braking Distance by Means of Active Shock Absorbers|
CitationHarashima, S., "Evaluation Method of Motorcycle Fatigue Strength Using Road Simulator," SAE Technical Paper 951817, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/951817.
- Cryer B.W. et al. “A Road Simulation System for Heavy Duty Vehicles” SAE Paper 760361
- Harashima S. et al. “Development of Multi-use Road Simulator” SAE Paper 931912
- La Barre R.P. et al. “The Measurement and Analysis of Road Surface Roughness” MIRA Report 1970 5
- Spangler E.B. “Servo-Seismic Method for Measuring Road Surface Profiles” Highway Research Board 328 1962
- Nagamitsu T. Nakaya H. “On the Profiles of Driving Surface” Automobile Engineering 27 1973
- Randall R.B. “Frequency Analysis” Brüel Kjær 1987