This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Two Stroke Engine Oil Scenario in India
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
India is having a large population of two stroke cycle engines. Before the advent of two stroke engine oils in India, motor oils were used to be mixed alongwith gasoline for two stroke engine lubrication for those vehicles having premixed type of lubrication system. The motor oils due to the high ash containing additives give rise to problems like pre-ignition, spark plug whiskering and combustion chamber deposits thereby leading to frequent breakdown of engines for maintenance. During the '8∅s the development of two stroke engine oils was taken up and the two stroke oils, confirming to ASTM/CEC standards, were introduced in the market. Due to the diversified designs of the two stroke engines owing their origin to both European and Japanese engine builders, it was felt necessary to have the Indian standards for two stroke engine oils comprising tests that incorporate both these types of engines. The paper discusses the trends in two stroke engine vehicles population, the development of two stroke oils and the Indian standards.
|Technical Paper||Simulation of HC-Emissions from SI-Engines - A Parametric Study|
|Technical Paper||Engine Crankcase Pumping Flow Model|
CitationKoganti, R., Sharma, G., Sarkar, D., and Raje, N., "Two Stroke Engine Oil Scenario in India," SAE Technical Paper 951801, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/951801.
- XXIX 5 India's Automotive Industry and Trade Journal New Delhi
- Mineo Kagaya and Mitsuaki Ishimaru ” A new Challanage for High Performance Two Cycle Engine Oils” SAE Paper 881619 SAE Trans. 1988
- Parammins Seminar at New Delhi India May 1995 “Use of higher quality 2-T engine oils to minimize exhaust pollution from 2-T motorcycles and portable power equipments”
- Draft Indian standards Specification for Lubricants for Two Stroke Spark Ignited Air cooled Gasoline Engines - Bureau of Indian Standards
- Gerber A.F. Lendener W.J. Mullen T.R. “Laboratory engine performance testing and development of Two-cycle oils” SAE PT series 26 Society of Automotive Engineers USA