This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Active Control of Simulated Structure Borne Road Noise Using Force Actuators
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A new approach to the reduction of structure borne road noise inside car cabins is developed and verified experimentally. The experiments have been performed on a mid-size station wagon, in laboratory conditions with one wheel excitation. In the frequency range from 100 to 150 Hz, more than 10 dB noise reduction has been achieved using control forces applied to the car body. For maximum noise reduction the control configuration had to be tuned carefully to satisfy the causality constraints for the reduction of broadband disturbances.
CitationDehandschutter, W., Van Cauter, R., and Sas, P., "Active Control of Simulated Structure Borne Road Noise Using Force Actuators," SAE Technical Paper 951324, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/951324.
- Vermersch F. Veys P. “Active Control of road noise in cars: aspects of implementation” Thesis 94ep03 Dept. of Mech. Eng. KULeuven, Belgium 1994
- Otte D. Van der Auweraer H. Leuridan J. “The use of Multivariate Correlation Techniques for Vibro-Acoustic Experimental Data Analysis” Proceedings of the 17th ISMA conference KULeuven 117 140 1992
- “Automotive Active Engine Mount Systems” 62 64 1992
- Fuller C. Hansen C. Snyder S. “Active Control of Sound Radiation from a Vibrating Rectangular Panel by Sound Sources and Vibration Inputs: An Experimental Comparison” Journal of Sound and Vibration 145 2 195 215 1991
- Boucher C.C. Elliott S.J. Nelson P.A. “Fast Algorithms for Multichannel Feedforward control” Proc. Internoise 93 Leuven, Belgium Aug. 1993
- Bao C. Sas P. Van Brussel H. “Adaptive Active Control of Noise in 3-D Reverberant Enclosures” Journal of Sound and Vibration 161 3 501 514
- Clark R. Saunders W. “An Intelligent Systems Approach to Active Structural Acoustic Control” SAE paper 931282 1993
- Clark, R.L. Fuller, C.R. “Active structural acoustic control with adaptive structures including wavenumber considerations,” Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Recent Advances in Active control of Sound and VibrationBlacksburg Virginia 93 119 1991
- Brent Ferren W. Active Control of Simulated Road Noise School of Mechanical Engrg Purdue University 1991
- Sutton T.J. Elliott S.J. Moore I. Use of non-linear controllers in the active attenuation of road noise inside cars Proc. Recent Advances in Active Control of Sound and Vibration VA April 1991 682 690
- Wyckaert K. Vander Auweraer H. Hendrickx, W. “Correlation ao acoustical modal analysis with operating data for road noise problems” Proceedings of 3rd Int. Congress on air- and structure-borne noise and vibration Montreal, Canada June 13 15 1994 Montreal, Canada
- Wyckaert, K. Hendrickx, W. “Transmission path analysis in view of active cancellation of road induced noise in automotive vehicles” Proceedings of 3rd Int. Congress on air- and structure-borne noise and vibration Montreal, Canada June 13 15 1994 Montreal, Canada
- Burdisso, R.A. Vipperman, J.S. Fuller, C.R. “Causality constraints of feedforward-controlled systems with broadband inputs” J. Acoust. Soc.Am. 94 1 234 242 July 1993
- Heatwhole, C.M. Dian, X. Bernhard, R.J. “Determination of the number of input transducers required for active control of road noise inside automobiles” Proc. of Noise-Con 93 207 212 Williamsburg, Virginia May 2 5 1993