This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Updating of Dynamic Finite Element Models Based on Experimental Receptances and the Reduced Analytical Dynamic Stiffness Matrix
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a model updating method based on experimental receptances. The presented method minimises the so called ‘indirect receptance difference’. First, the reduced analytical dynamic stiffness matrix is expressed as an approximate, linearised function of the updating parameters. In a numerically stable, iterative procedure, this reduced analytical dynamic stiffness matrix is changed in such a way that the analytical receptances match the experimental receptances at the updating frequencies. The updating frequencies are a set of selected frequency points in the frequency range of interest. Some considerations about an optimal selection of the updating frequencies are given.
Finally, a mixed static-dynamic reduction scheme is discussed. Dynamic reduction of the analytical dynamic stiffness matrix at each updating frequency is physically exact, but it involves a great computational effort. The presented mixed static-dynamic reduction scheme is a simple strategy to reduce the computational cost with a minor loss of accuracy.
CitationLammens, S., Brughmans, M., Leuridan, J., and Sas, P., "Updating of Dynamic Finite Element Models Based on Experimental Receptances and the Reduced Analytical Dynamic Stiffness Matrix," SAE Technical Paper 951247, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/951247.
- Gysin HP. Ein beitrag zur Verbesserung von Finite-Elemente-Modellen anhand modaler parameter ETH Zürich, Switzerland 1992
- Imregun M. Visser W. A review of model updating techniques Shock and Vibration 23 1 1990
- Mottershead J. Friswell M. Model updating in structural dynamics: a survey Journal of Sound and Vibration 167 2 1993
- Visser W. Imregun M. A technique to update finite element models using frequency response data Proceedings of the 9th International Modal Analysis Conference Firenze, Italy 1991 462 468
- Lin R.M. Ewins D. Model updating using frf data Proceedings of the 15th International Seminar On Modal Analysis Leuven, Belgium 1990 141 162
- Larsson P. Model updating based on forced vibrations Proceedings of the Chuo-K.U.Leuven-U.C. seminar Tokio, Japan 1991
- Heylen W. Sas P. Lammens S. Modal analysis theory and testing Course on modal analysis theory and practice ISMA 18 Leuven Aug. 1993
- Guyan R. Reduction of stiffness and mass matrices AIAA Journal 3. 2 1965 380