This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Tire Pressure Warning System for Passenger Car Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
It has been shown that approximately 15.9 million liters of gasoline per day are wasted ($2 billion annually) in the United States due to improper tire inflation. Additionally, as automotive manufacturers begin using extended mobility, or run-flat tires, a need exists for a system which can detect an underinflated tire. We also know that underinflated tires cause premature tread wear and tear. Optimizing tire life and fuel economy are beneficial to society in general.
In the passenger car market, voice of the consumer dictates:
Immediate notification of a low tire condition;
No interaction from driver to extinguish telltale once problem resolved;
Independent tire monitoring.
This paper will describe a rf-based low tire pressure warning system which is being developed by Delco Electronics Corporation.
|Technical Paper||Real Time Tire Pressure Electronic Monitoring System with Dashboard Possibilities|
|Technical Paper||Low Tire Pressure Warning Device (LTPWD)|
|Technical Paper||Development of Digital Tire Pressure Display Device|
CitationRohr, S. and Mendez, V., "Tire Pressure Warning System for Passenger Car Applications," SAE Technical Paper 951049, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/951049.
- Belskj, Carmickle, Rodgers Electronic Identification Technology For Radial Medium Truck Tires Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company Technology Center International Tire Exhibition and Conference September 20-22 1994
- Laubscher, P. Firestone SA Tyres for Off-Highway Applications Quarry Management l9 2 21 24 February 1992
- Medium and Heavy-Duty Focus Groups Delco Electronics Corporation March 1993
- Michelin Tire Pressure Study Summary of Findings 1992
- Tire and Rim Yearbook The Tire and Rim Association Inc. 1993
- Tire Pressure Systems Phone Study Delco Electronics Corporation September 1993
- Tire Pressure Systems Focus Groups Delco Electronics Corporation November 1993
- Truck Instrumentation Importance Ratings Market Research Delco Electronics Corporation March 1992