This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Methodology for Rapid Calculation of Computational Thermal Models
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Too often many heat management problems are not solved with thermal analysis because of excessive complexity, time, and cost. A method for quickly solving a sophisticated thermal/fluid system with minimal user interaction and with common desktop computer resources is presented. A desktop (Microsoft Windows™) thermal analysis package, WinTherm, consists of the Generic Processor (pre-processing software), the 3-D Thermal Model (a finite difference nodal network solver), and an Image Viewer (wireframe and animated thermal display). The theoretical basis for this thermal analysis toolkit will be discussed as well as examples of its implementation.
CitationJohnson, K., Wood, B., Rynes, P., Yee, B. et al., "A Methodology for Rapid Calculation of Computational Thermal Models," SAE Technical Paper 951012, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/951012.
- Rushmeier, Holly E. Rodriguez Leonard J. “Generic Models for Rapid Calculation of Target Signatures,” Proceedings of the SPIE--the International Society for Optical Engineering Orlando, FL April 1991
- Rodriguez, Leonard J. Johnson Keith R. “Menu Driven Construction of Generic Targets for the Infrared Tactical Decision Aid,” Proceedings of the Eleventh Annual Symposium on Ground Vehicle Signatures Houghton, MI August 1990
- O'Neill, Richard F. Zich Jon L. “Vector Sweep Engineering and Programmers Guide,” General Dynamics Space Systems Division San Diego, CA December 1985
- O'Neill, Richard F. Zich Jon L. “Computer Program Script-F,” Alcoa Defense Systems San Diego, CA November 1987
- Johnson, Keith R. Rodriguez Leonard J. “Technical Reference Guide for GTSIG/TCM2,” Georgia Tech Research Institute Atlanta, GA 1990
- Curran, Allen R. “User's Manual for PRISM 3.1,” Keweenaw Research Center Michigan Technological University Houghton, MI 1993
- Yee, Ban K. “3-D Visualization of the Physically Reasonable Infrared Signature Model,” Proceedings of the Fourth Annual Ground Target Modeling & Validation Conference Houghton, MI August 1993