This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Locked Tool - Deep-Drawing Process and Examples of Operations with Elastic Blank-Holders
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
For the production of deep-drawn parts on single-acting presses, constructive tool variants are presented, by means of which the drawing result may be improved and the machine-related disadvantages may be compensated.
For the new tool principle with a “locked tool”, connectable adjustment elements produce a direct form closure connection between the drawing die and the blank-holder, thus replacing the function of the die cushion. Due to an active control of the blank-holding force, these so-called Damping-Locking elements make it possible to directly influence the deep-drawing process. By means of the hydraulic drawing cylinders, the blank-holding force may, locally along the perimeter of the part and during the drawing process, be adapted to the process conditions required.
The elastic blank-holder automatically adapts itself to the sheet thickness of the flange. In this way, the material flow is improved and the time-consuming incorporation of the correction picture is no more required, as locally increased pressures are avoided in a self-regulating manner.
|Technical Paper||Combination of Hydraulic Multipoint Cushion System and Segment-Elastic Blankholders|
|Technical Paper||Pulsating Blankholder Technology|
|Technical Paper||Effect of Global and Local Stiffness on Blankholder Pressure in Draw Die Forming|
CitationDoege, E. and Stock, G., "Locked Tool - Deep-Drawing Process and Examples of Operations with Elastic Blank-Holders," SAE Technical Paper 950917, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/950917.
- Doege, E. Fetzer, H. Kellenbenz, R Bergmann, E. 104 1971 10 737 747
- Doege, E. Stock, G. 40 1993 2 149 155
- Nanabe, K. Nishimura, N. An Improvement in Deep Drawingability of Steel Plastic Laminate Sheet by Control of Blank Holding Force Advanced Technology of Plasticity 11 1990 Japan
- Kergen, R. Jodogne, P. Computerised Control of the Blank Holder Pressure on Deep Drawing Process Autobody Stamping Applications and Analysis SAE SP-879 1992
- Murata A. Matsui, M. Effects of Control of local Blank Holding Forces on Deep Drawinability of Square Shell Lisabon May 16-17 1994
- Wang, Y.W. Majlessi, S.A. The Effekt of Variable Blank Holder Force on the Strain Path in Deep Drawing Processes Transactions of NAMRI/SME XXII May 1994
- Baur, S. Brandstetter, R. Roos, G.
- Kergen, R. Closed Loop Control of Blank Holder Force based on Deep Drawing Parameters: its Laboratory and Industrial Applications June 6-7 1993
- Doege, E. Sommer, N. 103 1983 3 139 142
- Sommer, N. 1986