This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modelling and Identification of a Diesel Combustion Process with the Downhill Gradient Search Method
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
According to the modelling principle which consists in an iterative comparison between a knowledge model and a representation model, we are building a software which simulates the dynamics of a Diesel engine. Modelling a Diesel engine requires a good accuracy in combustion simulation; therefore Vibe's two-peak model was chosen. But determining the seven necessary parameters is quite difficult due to this non-linear representation. The “downhill gradient search method” solves this identification problem if weighting factors and initial filtering are chosen carefully. After presenting our principle, we shall apply this method to two different engine speeds. Lastly, we shall compare the data measured in the test-bed with the new computed ones using our model.
CitationWitt, H., Hassenforder, M., and Gissinger, G., "Modelling and Identification of a Diesel Combustion Process with the Downhill Gradient Search Method," SAE Technical Paper 950854, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/950854.
- Renard P. “Etude et mise au point de modèles d'aide à la conception de régulateurs et application aux moteurs diesel” Université de Haute Alsace Mulhouse 1988
- Gissinger G.L. Renard P Hassenforder M. “Model based design and control of diesel engines” SAE 890568 Sociiety of Automotive Engineers
- Rosenberg R. Karnopp D. Introduction to Physical Dynamic Systems Mc Graw Hill 1983
- Vibe I.I. Berlin VEB Verlag Technik 1970
- Ohberg H.J. TU Braunschweig 1976
- Pischinger, Kraßnig G. Taucar G Sams Th. Wien Springer Verlag 1989
- Dirschmid 1986
- Glaser J. 1983
- Mayinger S. Thermodynamik 1 Berlin Springer Verlag 1990
- Horlock J,H. Winterbone D.E. The thermodynamics and gas dynamics of internal combustion engines II Oxford Science Publications 1986